Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Best Intellectual Property University  (Read 3475 times)

whoizzemole

• View Profile
Best Intellectual Property University
« on: September 22, 2004, 06:12:53 AM »
I'm interested in eventually specializing in intellectual property but am not sure which law school will give me the best education. Has anyone heard anything about a law school ranking in this field?

ruskiegirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
Re: Best Intellectual Property University
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2004, 04:29:38 AM »
I'm interested in eventually specializing in intellectual property but am not sure which law school will give me the best education. Has anyone heard anything about a law school ranking in this field?

Boalt currently ranks as the top program in the country, according to US News.  There's a possibility that next year Stanford will overtake Boalt, because Boalt's top IP scholar has transfered there. 

dgatl

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2004, 12:56:49 PM »
DO not worry about going to the best IP school, but rather the most prestigious school that will take you.  Either way, you will attend the Patent Law Interview program in Chicago and the AIPLA Job Fair in DC or san Francisco, and the more highly your school is ranked generally, the more prospects you will have.

fasapes

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 11:03:50 PM »
Berkeley, Stanford and George Washington, no doubt. my friends in GW said it deserves it.

Ronald Hyatt

• Sr. Citizen
  • Hedgehog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 10:44:20 AM »
nothing like digging up a 2.5 year old post.

btw, lemley's departure did not, in fact, hasten boalt's demise
"Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech that you like, freedom of speech protects speech that you hate."
http://imdb.com/name/nm0000465/bio