Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Legal Writing and Research  (Read 21947 times)

lawgroupie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Legal Writing and Research
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2004, 06:17:00 PM »
I wish it were still taught by Davidson!

edythec

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2004, 09:26:12 AM »
I wish it were still taught by Davidson!

Be careful what you wish for!  He was really hard on the memo.  Plus you don't get to take McBroom's Agency class in the spring!
"Ever notice that 'What the hell' is always the right decision?" - Marilyn Monroe

edythec

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2004, 11:00:42 AM »
He reminds me of Matlock.  The answer is always "Maybe yes, Maybe No", except on exams of course.  Loves to talk about chickens and "Love Lawyers". 
"Ever notice that 'What the hell' is always the right decision?" - Marilyn Monroe

lawgroupie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2004, 11:20:01 AM »
I think at least Davidson would be more clear, and probably the class would be less scattered.

edythec

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2004, 11:32:14 AM »
Maybe, but Davidson has this way of looking at you when you ask a "stupid" question!  I will never forget the look he gave me when I had the nerve to ask him to define "black letter law" in my Intro class.  I swear the earth stood still for a good 30 minutes while he just stared at me like I was some slime bucket that had dared to speak to him!  By the way has Davidson started dissing cats yet?

edythec

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2004, 11:39:39 AM »
Yeah he absolutely HATES cats! :o

edythec

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2004, 12:13:53 PM »
People who hate cats are not normal.  Cats rule the planet, they just let us lowly humans exist to to serve them.  ;D

edythec

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2004, 12:47:49 PM »
Cast people are honored to serve.  Dog people aren't much smarter than their masters.We ignore them.

Chuck Milam

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2004, 08:44:30 AM »
I'm getting toward the end of my memo.  I'm curious.  Has anyone had trouble fitting this into the required five pages?

Oh yes.  Almost everyone I talked with had trouble getting it to fit in five pages.  Because I didn't read the directions close enough at first (lesson learned  :-[), I had 6-8 pages single spaced at first..then I had to go back and really edit the heck out of it to get it to fit in 5 double-spaced pages.

steviej

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2004, 02:02:51 PM »
I used every bit of 5 pages and am sure I left out things she will consider important and take off for that stuff.