Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Legal Writing and Research  (Read 20860 times)

anon

Re: Legal Writing and Research
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2004, 09:10:49 PM »
NLS4life...I think you are the LAST person that should talk about tattling!

nls4life

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2004, 09:18:45 PM »
You are definitely JJ or Susan

anon

« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2004, 09:35:14 PM »
No I'm not.  I am just someone who thinks what you did is very wrong and that you should grow up.  

urwrong

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2004, 09:56:59 PM »
NSL for Life,

You were definitely WRONG!  I too go to NSL and haven't posted on this board before.  However, you actions made me so angry I couldn't not respond!

I personally don't have an opinion on the instructors at the school (I'm too busy doing homework to think about anything else!).

Having said that who made you the "moral police"?   Everyone is entitled to vent, discuss their opinions, etc.  In this case these people chose to do it on a board that ISN'T connected with NSL in any way.  Sure, they took a chance that the instructor might stumble on their comments but I bet they never thought one of their peers would stoop so low as to sent the comments to the instructor!  I'm actually pretty ashamed that one of my peers/classmates felt it was necessary to send this entire thread to the instructor.  What a mess you've probably made. 

Did you think you'd earn "brownie points" by sending it to her with your real name.  Personally I think you probably came off looking like an a** to her!  Which in my OPINION is what you  look like here.

lawgroupie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2004, 04:21:28 PM »
Jeff,

Try not to worry about this. The unfortunate thing about email is that people can forward things. I always try to think about the fact that any email I send might be forwarded. So, in that regard, NLS4life, can forward it, even though it is poor manners to do so.

Also, I think it is fine to have this thread on here. If Hogan finds out about it, so what? It is stuff that she needs to know. And I am sure she has a thick enough skin that she can take it.

But you don't have to apologize for doing this thread, and no one has to apologize for making comments either. Think First Amendment! NLS4life needs to understand appropriateness. It is not inappropriate that you started this thread. It is not inappropriate that you didn't talk to Hogan first. It is inappropraite that NLS4life keeps arguing with you. It is not her business. But it doesn't really matter.

Don't worry about her. And think happy thoughts. Maybe that class will get better as a result of this.

And I do hope that NLS4life has bigger things to worry about.

lawgroupie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2004, 04:24:31 PM »
Oh by the way....talking to a dean (insert name of school here) about a instructor is a very professional and common thing to do. So don't be so insistent that it is immature--it is the common way to handles such problems.

nls4life

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2004, 04:36:41 PM »
I bet class will be very interesting for JJ and Susan this coming week.

lawgroupie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2004, 04:40:01 PM »
You appear to be very devious and vindictive. What a bore.

nls4life

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2004, 06:42:18 PM »
Just found this little nugget from the memo assignment thread that I'l have to pass on. It's funny that Susan accuses Hogan of being passive-agressive and then comes on the board and posts stuff like this:

Susanlyoung:

I guess I just feel defeated before I begin.
Any instructor who goes to the trouble of writing out that grading scheme is going to be trouble in my past experience. I am going to do the best I can do. I don't know how accurate I will be in following her directions (cause I really don't understand them) but I know we had better get started soon!
I still remember the professor in grad school who was exactly like this chick. I had to sit for my orals 3 months after a family tragedy and she grilled me like you wouldn't believe. She actually made me write a 20 page remedial paper that I bet the B*&%H never even read. I bet she tossed it in the trash. This was a requirement for my graduation. She was a real flake, having an affair with the married (with kids) director of the program. It was truly like being down the rabbit hole which is EXACTLY what I feel with Hogan.
I will give it my best effort but I don't expect my grade to reflect it. She's too sneaky. Remember that little writing assignent the first night of class and how she told us after (oh, I was just checking to see how wordy you are, but you didn't know that did you?) That kind of petty crap is useless.
Gee, I guess I didn't hold back on this one huh?
Susan
Cool
Susan

lawgroupie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2004, 08:32:40 PM »
I bet NLS4life is really Vandy1L! Both have the same tone. ha ha ha This is funny!