Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Legal Writing and Research  (Read 21334 times)

nls4life

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Legal Writing and Research
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2004, 02:47:49 PM »
I just stumbled across this thread and I think you two (JJ and Susan) should be ashamed of yourself. If you have a problem with an instructor you need to go talk to her; not bash her on an internet message board. I want you to know that I've emailed her a copy of this discussion. I happen to adore Hogan and I personally would want to know if students were talking bad about me without giving me a chance to defend myself. If you have any class at all you'll apologize to her and the rest of the NLS students you've made look bad my airing your dirty laundry in public.

ps- I posted a copy of this discussion at another site so don't think pulling your posts down will work.

nls4life

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2004, 03:12:39 PM »
You shouldn't say anything about someone behind their back you wouldn't say to their face. If you didn't say anything bad, you shouldn't be upset that your instructor sees it.

nls4life

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2004, 06:20:02 PM »
You can call me a troll all you want; I just don't think it's right to complain about an instructor on an internet message board. Hogan is a great lady and I bet if you'd taken your concerns to her right away she would've been completely receptive. I'm not going to get dragged into a long argument with you, I've lurked here for awhile and generally enjoy your posts, just thought Hogan had a right to see what was being said about her. I know I'd want someone to tell me.

nls4life

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2004, 06:30:15 PM »
What does my anonymity have to do with anything? If you knew my name would you not care that I sent it to her?

The truth is that who I am doesn't have squat to do with anything, you'd be upset that I sent it to her either way. You should be more aware of what you're posting to the world, especially when you're dogging people that determine your grade; even more so NICE DECENT people that determine your grade.

To be fair, Susan's comments were much worse.

nls4life

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2004, 06:43:17 PM »
My credibility as to what? I've only made statements of opinion (ie. you shouldn't have posted that). My credibility doesn't really come into play.

I suppose I could've just said you were being inappropriate but your reaction probably would've been the same defensive attitude you're exhibiting now.

Like I said, if you didn't post anything you wouldn't want her to see; you have nothing to worry about.

"And it is not your place to judge our postings."

And it's not your place to tell me who and what I can email.

As far as telling her myself, I sent it from a non-anon email account so she knows who I am.

nls4life

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2004, 06:54:22 PM »
You put yourself in a difficult situation by bashing her on a public message board. Maybe next time you'll be a little more discreet about it; not to mention a little more sensitive to your professors feelings/reputation.

nls4life

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2004, 07:02:26 PM »
So now its worse to tell someone they're being bashed than to actually be the person doing the bashing? That laughable. Quit pointing the finger at me. Be a man and own up to having posted something ill-advised and inconsiderate.

Thanks for the tip; I do plan on staying anonymous.

nls4life

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2004, 07:03:48 PM »
As far as what you said, I'd guess she'll take exception to you accusing her of being unprepared. Not to mention suggesting that someone should approach the dean about her.

anon

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2004, 08:47:01 PM »
I just had to comment on this.  The postings have not been "bashing" but rather venting.  There has not been an attack on Hogan as a person or as a lawyer, but rather on the problems with the class.  

NSL4life, perhaps you need to go study and stop inserting yourself into other people's business, or you will be at NSL FOR LIFE!

nls4life

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2004, 08:54:16 PM »
sure JJ...

call it what you want; bashing, venting, whatever. i never claimed anyone attacked hogan as a person or lawyer. i said you attacked her as an instructor and should've taken it to her first... especially when you're going around threatening to tattle to the dean. come to think of it, that does seem prety juvenile for a 49 year old man.