Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Best Study Aids?  (Read 3575 times)

clicquot

• View Profile
Re: Best Study Aids?
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2004, 01:21:00 AM »
I can't thank Edythec enough for recommending the Gilbert tapes. What a lifesaver! Recently, I had a Civ Pro exam coming up. I was terrified! My professor sucks and I didn't learn enough of the material through the Examples and Explanations book. I was seriously considering dropping out of law school, thinking that I must be a complete moron because I just didn't "get" Civ Pro. Then, I listened to the tapes. What an unbelievable change of perception! After listening to the tapes and typing an accompanying outline, I knew the material COLD! I took the exam and got every question right. My score surpassed others whom I had believed were legal geniuses. Without a doubt, the tapes work. Also, I would recommend the canned briefs from West (High Court Series) above Legalines. The West books are more succinct and categorized.
Thank you Edythec for your recommendation!
No one likes a cry baby!

jeffjoe

• Sr. Citizen
  • ABA? We don't need no stinking ABA.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2004, 01:16:23 PM »
If it's more reading, it won't help me.  I just ordered LEEWS on CD.  Actually, it's more like I am on the waiting list since the CD version is not yet available.  I've heard so many people praise LEEWS that I thought it would be worth $145 to have the CD version.
Praying for peace in Iraq  +
Praying for the tsunami victims   +

edythec

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2004, 01:36:11 PM »

Thank you Edythec for your recommendation!

Glad I could help.  I fell in love with the tapes when they got me through Contracts.  I have a set for each of my classes.  I find a different perspective always seems to work!  Congratulations on your great test results!
"Ever notice that 'What the hell' is always the right decision?" - Marilyn Monroe

dgatl

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2004, 04:59:52 PM »
interesting... are these the tapes by professor freer?  i don't have to luxury of having him this semester, but a 2L gave me her tapes... will check them out this week.

footlong

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2005, 08:17:59 PM »
I don't any of those books but people say "Examples & Explanations" kick ass!