Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Briefs: which ones  (Read 5735 times)

edythec

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Briefs: which ones
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2004, 04:33:11 PM »
If you can't find anyone to study with, try to meet at the school a few days before tests.  Even a couple of hours before the exam can help nail down one or two difficult concepts.  If that doesn't work - go to barristerbooks.com and buy the tapes.  They won't help you study the actual material that you are taught in class, but they are very good for the concepts.  Very good to have if you spend a lot of time in the car.
"Ever notice that 'What the hell' is always the right decision?" - Marilyn Monroe

jeffjoe

• Sr. Citizen
  • ABA? We don't need no stinking ABA.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2004, 04:37:38 PM »
I record the lectures, burn them to CDs and listen to them in the car.  It works out well since I lose 18 hours a week to commuting.
Praying for peace in Iraq  +
Praying for the tsunami victims   +

edythec

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2004, 04:40:32 PM »
That helps - I've done that as well.  Where do you commute from and what nights are you at the school?
"Ever notice that 'What the hell' is always the right decision?" - Marilyn Monroe

jeffjoe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2004, 04:49:15 PM »
That helps - I've done that as well.  Where do you commute from and what nights are you at the school?

I go from Tullahoma to Huntsville for work.
Huntsville to school and then school to Tullahoma.

edythec

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2004, 04:54:16 PM »
That is a seriously convoluted path!  ::) Do you make the drive from Tullahoma to Hunsville every day?  It gives you much time for listening to recorded lectures. 

jeffjoe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2004, 05:00:41 PM »
five days a week.

That is a seriously convoluted path!  ::) Do you make the drive from Tullahoma to Hunsville every day?  It gives you much time for listening to recorded lectures. 

edythec

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2004, 05:10:26 PM »
five days a week.

I don't think you are crazy for going to law school, I think you are insane for making that kind of drive just to work everyday!  How long does it take you to get to and from work and why on earth do you do it?  What days are you at school?

jeffjoe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2004, 05:14:26 PM »
I live where my family is and I work where the work is.  they just aren't very close togehter.

It takes me 90 minutes to get to work each day.

five days a week.

I don't think you are crazy for going to law school, I think you are insane for making that kind of drive just to work everyday!  How long does it take you to get to and from work and why on earth do you do it?  What days are you at school?

edythec

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2004, 05:18:55 PM »
I live where my family is and I work where the work is.  they just aren't very close togehter.

It takes me 90 minutes to get to work each day.

Bless your heart.  Wish you could find something in N'ville or someplace between Nash and T'homa, at least that would cut your drive some.  Hang in there and use your commute time to your advantage.  I'll be glad to help if I can.

lawgroupie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2004, 12:57:48 AM »
How do you print out briefs of cases on westlaw? I didn't know you could do that. That sounds helpful. Is there a special place to find these briefs?