Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: We have arrived  (Read 4898 times)

edythec

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: We have arrived
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2004, 01:16:42 PM »
Trust me the verbs for Davidson are well worth the price.  Oh, and read Dobbs.  You will be tempted not to read it as the days wear on, but reading it will gain you a couple of points on the tests.  Can't wait to read this board after Davidson's Mid-Term!
"Ever notice that 'What the hell' is always the right decision?" - Marilyn Monroe

lawgroupie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2004, 11:44:46 PM »
Lewis's wedding ring is on his right hand. What does that mean? I wondered about that.

lawgroupie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2004, 11:46:18 PM »
Question-what do you mean by buy the verbs?

edythec

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2004, 09:27:12 AM »
The verbs are transcripts of previous year's classes.  The one for Davidson's Torts class are really helpful.  Look on the bulletin boards and you should find an advertisement.  Never did figure out why Lewis's wedding ring moves around.  It was always funny to see which hand it was on. 
"Ever notice that 'What the hell' is always the right decision?" - Marilyn Monroe

Susan Young

Davidson's midterm WAS Re: We have arrived
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2004, 09:49:12 AM »
Ok, I'll bite, is the Davidson midterm a mindblow?
Susan ???

edythec

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Davidson's Mid-Term
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2004, 01:57:14 PM »
and final for that matter, remember his two tests count 50% each.  Let's just say it is like nothing you have ever taken before.  However if you take his advice - to paraphrase, do the reading every week, brief your cases, and don't panic, you will probably do ok, well you'll need some luck as well....  ;D

I had a high B at the mid-term and ended up with an A in his course.

susan young

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2004, 02:50:54 PM »
Wow, that is very very impressive! Want to share notes?  :o
Could you tell us a little bit more about "outling" and your test preparation?
Thanks!

edythec

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2004, 03:11:31 PM »
Thanks, I wasn't trying to brag, just wanted to let you know that I might know a little bit about what I was saying and not just trying to scare you or something.   :)

As far as outlining goes, I really didn't do my outlines until close to the test time.  In a way that made the outlining process part of my studies.  It made the weeks before test pretty hectic, so I don't know how I will do it this year.  Listen to what Davidson says, he got on my nerves really bad by the end of the year, but he knows his stuff not only subject matter but what it takes to make it.  Don't panic.  Just try to tread water - don't try to get ahead, I know very few who actually ever "got ahead".  The verbs for his class are awesome.  Lewis is tough, but his tests are not nearly as mind blowing as Davidson. 

Janie

Davidson's Midterm
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2004, 03:43:11 PM »
Once you've had Davidson's mid-term, you'll notice about 10 - 20% of the class missing all of a sudden.  BUY THE VERBS!  READ DOBBS! PRAY. ;D

edythec

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2004, 03:51:56 PM »
Janie is exactly right.  And while about 20% disappear after the mid-term another 10% just dwindle out before the final comes.  Sometime in March you will look around and say "where did all the people go?" :o