Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Do u get called on once or more than once???  (Read 48579 times)

dft

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Do u get called on once or more than once???
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2005, 08:58:44 PM »
I got called on today before/as I was walking into class. All I heard was my last name as I walked in the door (the prof says Mr. __ or Ms. ___ when he calls on us).

It kinda sucked because it took me like 5 minutes to get my laptop out so I could get my brief.

trouble

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2005, 08:52:15 PM »
Aye, being called on sucks, but I don't think participating in class discussion is a waste of time whatsoever.  And it seems pretty ridiculous that one would go through what we all undoubtedly had to go through to get into law school and then put forth such an enormous effort to not get called on.

Just do the reading...spend a little time preparing for class...if you get called on, it's more of a learning experience for you as a student than it is anything else.  Nobody's ever going to be 100% right all of the time.  The Socratic method is all about making you realize that you don't understand.  The fun is in the challenge.

To sit in silence while you're being called on is much more idiotic than getting a wrong answer in front of the class.  People won't remember that "Ms. X got the answer to International Shoe wrong in Civ Pro," but they will remember that "Ms. X was too big of a p*ssy to answer when she was being called on."
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us."  Ralph Waldo Emerson

andjustice4all

• View Profile
Pictures Catalog Thing,,
« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2005, 05:38:39 AM »
I never said all profs use seating charts.  FWIW, every one of mine does, and they have our student ID pics on there as well.  I've heard of many other schools that have seating charts, and more and more with pics included after a few weeks of classes.

jc, the OP on top says his hypo would work in case the non-responding student would be taking a class not with his section ... which means that the professor would not have his picture in the section catalog

However, I don't think it's a viable idea for the reason that the professor can examine the attendance sheet to see if the student he called on was present but did not respond or he was really absent that day.

This would not work thou if you are kinda "conspicuous" or your professor has a crush on you ... ;)

theothertwin

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2005, 07:55:12 PM »
but they will remember that "Ms. X was too big of a p u s s y to answer when she was being called on."

I believe the hypo above assumed that nobody in that particular class knew your name or who you were ... But I agree, submitting to the sadistic questioning the Socratic method involves builds character and makes a better puppy out of you!
"Ph" is alaways pronounced as "f" -- and you don't sound the "g".
"Then, why are they putting it there, please?"

trouble

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2005, 02:01:57 PM »
"I believe the hypo above assumed that nobody in that particular class knew your name or who you were ..."

I don't care about the finer points of the hypo.  I'm talking about real life, as in sitting in class with people that you usually get to know over the semester and even speak with occasionally.

But I'm glad you agreed with my point overall.
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us."  Ralph Waldo Emerson

dvdvdvdvd

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2005, 06:08:57 PM »
But I'm glad you agreed with my point overall.

And you call yourself a woman?! Do not you know how a woman is supposed to behave, speak and act in the 21st century America?!

{}{}

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2005, 07:38:28 PM »
but they will remember that "Ms. X was too big of a p u s s y to answer when she was being called on."

I believe the hypo above assumed that nobody in that particular class knew your name or who you were ... But I agree, submitting to the sadistic questioning the Socratic method involves builds character and makes a better puppy out of you!

Socrates was nothing else but a despicable pederast who was put to death for that!

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,26494.msg810072.html#msg810072
"You're nothing but a rotten, crooked lawyer supplying the grease that makes this bad movie business work. You think your life's a mystery! There isn't a dirty cover-up in this entire business that I don't know about, and your hand is in every one of them! You REEK of it!!"

20-20

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2005, 10:15:01 PM »
LOL {}{}! Great username, by the way!

trouble

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2005, 05:35:08 PM »
Regardless of what Socrates was, his teaching method is alive and well in almost every law school in America.  If you want to become a licensed attorney, chances are you will be confronted with the Socratic method, pederast or no.

am

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2005, 06:20:02 PM »
If you want to become a licensed attorney, chances are you will be confronted with the Socratic method, pederast or no.

Exactly what the OP was saying, female private part, our society is fashioned along pederastic ways of  teaching! It's called "pederastic pedagogy"!

The question to be answered, though, is what is a female private part like you doing amidst pederasts? Or is it that you cant figure out that pederasts do not like females?! It is because of this that people say that law ain't for girls ...