Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Do u get called on once or more than once???  (Read 49482 times)

DOWNY

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Do u get called on once or more than once???
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2005, 04:29:19 PM »
I can imagine Prof. Kingsfield:

"Downy....Fill this room with your intelligence!"

LOL

DOWNY happens to be quite intelligent, when he's not being an a-hole on law school boards. And, Kingsfield's daughter is hot.

HTH

rapunzel

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2005, 12:13:27 AM »
jeffjoe- it might be because you volunteer, the profs figure that they don't need to surprise you, you're clearly engaged.  My contracts prof was so hard to follow and so negative when he thought you where an idiot that I was like Hermione Granger trying to get called on to answer a question so as to avoid doing a case.  Especially since I was habitually behind in my reading.  Worked for me.  He started uses me for all his hypotheticals because he only ever learned 4 or 5 of our names.  I never had to do cases.  This did not work for me in property, but what the hey.

LawJockey

• View Profile
    • LawThug.Com
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2005, 09:34:25 PM »
Definitely depends on the teacher. 
Looking for FREE MP3 Audio of Cases?:  AudioCaseBook.Com

nesty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2005, 03:57:07 PM »
Ignore him the second time aroun'

cuteprincess

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2005, 03:34:01 PM »
What have you people seen happen when somebody gets called on, they are not prepared, etc.  Spill it.  Anybody pee their pants?  Just freeze up?  I used to be so afraid of being called on that I couldn't even focus on the lecture, let alone the question asked of me.

You spill the stories, I'll reveal the trick.  Deal?
I know what you mean about "I used to be so afraid of being called on that I couldn't even focus on the lecture, let alone the question asked of me."
How do you overcome this?

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2005, 04:21:30 PM »
I think the only way to get over this is to get called on.

Once it happens a couple of times, you realize that you survived afterwards.  Also, if you haven't been called on yet, take a risk and raise your hand to answer a question.  Put yourself out there.  It can be terrifying, but I found that until you've gone through it a couple of times, it's still an unknown terror.

Also try to keep in mind that class performance has little to no effect on your grade.  That doesn't really help, but it can't hurt.  ;)

Mon Ami Gabi

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2005, 04:25:51 PM »
Several of my friends adopt another strategy if called on but are unprepared: they just sit there without saying a word so that the pro will think they're absent.
"Tear down that female dog of a bearing wall and put a window where it OUGHT to be!"

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2005, 06:01:13 PM »
that doesn't really work with a seating chart, as the prof knows who you are and whether there's someone sitting in your seat.

tresbuchon

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2005, 09:20:21 PM »
Interesting, Jacy.

ru

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2005, 07:59:04 PM »
that doesn't really work with a seating chart, as the prof knows who you are and whether there's someone sitting in your seat.

Not all professors use a sitting chart (I've heard some professors gave to each student a piece of paper in which is printed his name -- labels that students simply throw away after a certian number of classes), not to mention that you can take a certain class with another section, not yours. In that case, neither the professor nor your classmates know who you are.