Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Cherokee Nation Council Defines Marriage As Between One Man and One Woman  (Read 1089 times)

jeffjoe

• Sr. Citizen
  • ABA? We don't need no stinking ABA.
    • View Profile
Another quarter heard from

Cherokee Panel: Marriage Means Man, Woman
Cherokee Nation Council Defines Marriage As Between One Man and One Woman

The Associated Press

TULSA, Okla. Aug. 21, 2004 About a month after a lesbian couple successfully filed for a tribal marriage application, the Cherokee National Tribal Council voted to clearly define marriage as between a man and a woman.

Principal Chief Chad Smith has indicated he will sign the measure, which was approved by the council Monday night.

http://abcnews.go.com/wire/US/ap20040821_378.html
Praying for peace in Iraq  +
Praying for the tsunami victims   +

il Principe

• The Archon of Protocol
    • View Profile
Good for them.  Every government entity need to do the same.
"The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar" - Evelyn Waugh

Bonkers, Jr.

• Meet Me At The Pier!
    • View Profile
Il Principe,  you should post a picture of yourself. I'd really like to see what a genuine idiot looks like.

il Principe

• The Archon of Protocol
    • View Profile
Il Principe,  you should post a picture of yourself. I'd really like to see what a genuine idiot looks like.

An idiot for not being a sicko.  Sure sport, that will stick.  LMAO. 
"The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar" - Evelyn Waugh

il Principe

• The Archon of Protocol
    • View Profile

Oh.  You live in San Fran.  No wonder you took offense.  lol