Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: JJ at NSL  (Read 48331 times)

dgatl

Re: JJ at NSL
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2004, 12:59:26 PM »
there is NOTHING wrong with naked keg parties.  however, there is something wrong with the fact that its 1PM and I haven't opened my torts casebook yet.  ciao!

lawgroupie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2004, 02:07:27 PM »
Did you turn in your memo last night? We have to turn ours in tomorrow.

lawgroupie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2004, 02:18:35 PM »
No fair!

urwrong

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2004, 11:35:03 PM »
I also go through a tremendous amount of ink cartridges!  I tried a refill kit and it was a mess.  I asked around in class and the suggestions included buying a laser printer and sending all the cases to the law school printer (and picking them up on class night).

I'm not organized enough to send my cases in advance to the school nor am I willing to spend more money on a new printer.  I guess I'll just keep my ink jet printer on draft and do the best I can.

urwrong

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2004, 08:49:56 PM »
Poor JJ,

It's not writer's block....it's because you're a man and you are feeling sorry for you client.  He's going to have to give up some of his money to his soon to be ex-wife  :'(.  Of course I've not finished writing out all the possibilties yet, but it looks like that's going to be my conclusion (if you asked me right now).

Have a great evening and don't study too hard!

edythec

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2004, 10:15:46 AM »
Guess what????  It doesn't get any better!!!!  I have a "quiz" on Wednesday, havent finished all the case for Tuesday my house is a mess, and I would really like to dig up and seperate my flower bulbs!  And now my boss expects me to work!    AAAAHHHHHHH!
"Ever notice that 'What the hell' is always the right decision?" - Marilyn Monroe

nls4life

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2004, 03:25:25 PM »
assigning cases you had a hand in... thats so self serving

urwrong

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2004, 03:13:00 PM »
JJ,

I feel your pain.  I went to the circus with my kids yesterday and procrastinated some more.  Today I've been finalizing the memo all day and am still not happy with it!  I see myself working on it tomorrow too!

Chuck Milam

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2004, 08:58:36 AM »
Somehow it has become planted in my brain that it has to be perfect....OK, now I'm sick of this.  It doesn't have to be perfect.  I'm going to do my best and let it hang.

You're where I was this time last week, Jeff.  We had to turn our memos in on Wednesday.  Seems you're a "frustrated perfectionist" like myself.  Eventually, you just have to understand it's your first memo, it can't be perfect, and this is supposed to be a learning experience.  Do your best, turn it in on time (late papers, defined as 15 minutes after start of class, are penalized), and don't look back until it's graded.   

Dicta

• Sr. Citizen
  • Life Is Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2004, 06:33:23 PM »
Most of the "helping" professions don't pay much, unless you count medicine. And then, if you practice rural medicine, you still don't get paid much!
You could always partner at that big firm, and then donate your time to Legal Aid.
Susan
Until you go too far, you will never know how far you can go.
TS Eliot (poorly paraphrased by myself)