Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: JJ at NSL  (Read 48712 times)

Dicta

• Sr. Citizen
  • Life Is Good
    • View Profile
Re: JJ at NSL
« Reply #90 on: November 03, 2004, 09:40:02 PM »
ask on the loop.....
Until you go too far, you will never know how far you can go.
TS Eliot (poorly paraphrased by myself)

Chuck Milam

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 04, 2004, 09:09:00 AM »
I was going to go to contracts class tonight, because I missed it Monday, but I'm still feeling puny. 

Professor Lewis made an announcement last week about attending alternate class sections.  Apparently, it's against school policy.  Now, I'm not sure if that simply means you can't expect to get credit for attending on an alternate night, or if the intention is that you not attend any section but that which you are registered for.  I was pretty sick last week, and I was in a cold-medicine-induced fog, so I may not have heard it right.

edythec

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 04, 2004, 10:17:31 AM »
I asked the office about this last year.  I was told it is against school policy.  You go to the class you are registered for or you don't go.  I did hear an exception was made for someone at exam time.  I am guessing the person had one really out of this world reason to need to take the exam at the other class's exam time. 
"Ever notice that 'What the hell' is always the right decision?" - Marilyn Monroe

Dicta

• Sr. Citizen
  • Life Is Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 04, 2004, 02:02:54 PM »
Let's see. First of all, Lewis said you can attend either class but your attendance will be marked "absent" if you miss your regular class. But if you want to attend to catch up, it is fine with him if you go another night.
I'm very depressed that Bush was re elected. I didn't particularly want Kerry but I sure didn't want Bush.
I'd like to have Clinton back pre-BJ.
I think Bush's re election just adds more to the global perception that we are a-holes and don't care about anyone but ourselves. We are going to have to integrate with the global community if we hope to be respected. (and I'm not talking about the UN).
Ok, that is all I have to say on politics. It is back to Crimes. I am not skipping Torts tonight.
Susan

IHEARTLS

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: November 05, 2004, 07:22:17 PM »
I have finished my first law school course!  Last night I took the crimes final.  I know I got at least two of the 25 wrong, and probably more than that.  But I believe I passed. 
So that's one credit down and only 47 to go.  Woohoo   :D  Do you hear that?  That's me dancing for joy.

2 of the 25 wrong?  Was it a multiple choice exam?  Not even 1 essay question?

And was it a FINAL or a midterm?  You are completely finished w/the course at the beginning of November?  If so, CONGRATS!!!

Dicta

• Sr. Citizen
  • Life Is Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 06, 2004, 10:53:07 PM »
The worst for me is my kids. I have one 6 and one 2 1/2. I took them shopping with me last night and out to dinner. Then we went to an art thing this morning and made clay turkeys. Then, after nap we went to see "The Incredibles". My husband is out of town so he can't cover for me while I study. So, I actually had to have fun this weekend! I miss my children. And I realize how much law school is taking away from them. And they are soooo young.
They are gone 3 full days a week so I can get most of my work done while they are gone or after they go to bed. But I try to get it done during the day so I can have a conversation with my husband at night.
I've started law school and my oldest has started private school so we don't really have the funds to go out......
I have to laugh when I think about how "hard" it was "raising two". AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  ???
We just have to get through this year. It is relentess and we have to accept that and just trudge on and hope that it will all be worth it.

Dicta

• Sr. Citizen
  • Life Is Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 07, 2004, 08:18:44 AM »
Well, something is going to suffer this first year. I am hoping once we get a little more under our belt that balancing will come more naturally as well.
Tell us again hom many grandchildren you have and their ages?
Susan

Jeffin05NSL

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: November 07, 2004, 05:40:05 PM »
Jeff,
I've spent my Sunday afternoon in an unexpected way...reading your journal. I just happened upon it while searching NSL info. I took the LSAT Oct.2 and got my results Oct.22. I'm hoping to start NSL in August of '05. Your journal is a bit scary. I just turned 50 at the end of October and have 3 sons as well. Sound similar? Maybe I'll see you in August!!??  Good luck! I'll check back for updates.
Jeff

Jeffin05NSL

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: November 07, 2004, 06:04:32 PM »
Jeff,
I'll have about an hour's drive each way. My sons are all grown and gone now, and I have no grandchildren yet. I think that I'll have the time, provided I have the discipline needed. Your posts from August and September are what scare me. My job is pretty demanding too, especially in August. I'm a Principal. Maybe I should retire???

Regardless, I'm excited about Law School. When should I know of acceptance? I have applied to NSL and Memphis, but I really want to go to NSL. If I go to Memphis, I will go ahead and retire from school this year, but I'd rather work the next 4 years...at least I THINK I would.

ptlaw

• AOL Instant Messenger - KB4GYC
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: November 08, 2004, 08:48:42 PM »
I was an assistant principal for four years and had always wanted to go to law school. To me, being an administrator is pretty much like practicing law without a license, so I decided to get the degree and license.

Anyway, I made the decision to return to the classroom to make more time for law school. I am glad I did. Considering the pace I kept as an assistant principal, I would have found adding law school to the mix very difficult. 

People have laughed at me and called me crazy for giving up my position, but in four years, I will have the last laugh. I will be living my fantasy and having a ball! :D

Jeff,
I'll have about an hour's drive each way. My sons are all grown and gone now, and I have no grandchildren yet. I think that I'll have the time, provided I have the discipline needed. Your posts from August and September are what scare me. My job is pretty demanding too, especially in August. I'm a Principal. Maybe I should retire???

Regardless, I'm excited about Law School. When should I know of acceptance? I have applied to NSL and Memphis, but I really want to go to NSL. If I go to Memphis, I will go ahead and retire from school this year, but I'd rather work the next 4 years...at least I THINK I would.

NSL is cool!

Maybe the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about.