Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: JJ at NSL  (Read 48226 times)

zemog

• Sr. Citizen
  • Evening PT 2L at a third tier toilet
    • View Profile
Re: JJ at NSL
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2004, 12:12:05 PM »
I agree with you.  I've seen several posts that say that they don't brief cases and they are fine.  Since I have so much money riding on it, I cannot cut the process short just because I don't feel like working.  I think you out date me by 20 years, I'm in my 30s, maybe it's because we feel this way because we are older.

Today I tempt fate.  I've read the text and cases for torts, but have not briefed the cases.  Not enough time.  If I am called on to brief a case in torts tonight I will have to fake it.

I've seen a number of postings that say I'm foolish to waste time briefing every case.  I guess it makes sense, but something just doesn't quite seem right about that.  The cases are the law and I'm trying to learn the law and I think I need to brief them to really understand them.  On the other hand, I never seem to have quite enough time to brief them all.

Prolodoc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2004, 07:45:56 PM »
Good Luck!  You should have seen me on my first day of clinicals in anesthesia school.  Those poor patients!  I am starting law school in January.  It cant be as stressful as the residency!  Later, Terry
I saw an adult one time.  I was not impressed.  I refuse to grow up!

Vandy1L

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2004, 09:27:41 PM »
why do you post every mundane detail about your life?

Vandy1L

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2004, 09:34:01 PM »
just out of curiosity how much are you paying to attend NSL?

dgatl

« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2004, 10:11:09 PM »
JJ - if you're pursuing your dream, then forget what people say about your school.  Vandy is definitely a top institution, but just because its a top school, that doesn't mean that there aren't douchebags lurking around.

Vandy1L

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2004, 11:15:15 PM »
How does asking how much NSL costs make me "not very bright"?

If you're so positive I don't go to VULS, I'm sure your classmate who worked there for years could come up with a way for me to prove it (ie. what does the plaque outside Flynn auditorium say? what happens every other Friday afternoon? hell, ask me where bar review was last week). I go to Vandy, I'm just fascinated by NSL students.

dgatl

« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2004, 11:27:54 PM »
How does asking how much NSL costs make me "not very bright"?

If you're so positive I don't go to VULS, I'm sure your classmate who worked there for years could come up with a way for me to prove it (ie. what does the plaque outside Flynn auditorium say? what happens every other Friday afternoon? hell, ask me where bar review was last week). I go to Vandy, I'm just fascinated by NSL students.

here in atlanta, we have a non-ABA school as well called John Marshall School of Law.  additionally, we have Georgia state school of law.  but my classmates at Emory and I don't sit around bashing the other law schools because of their ranking or accreditation status.  people elect to go to different law schools for different reasons.  not everyone wants to work in biglaw up in NY or DC.  some people want to stay right in town and keep on with what they're doing.  i hope that you do well at vandy and end up where you want to go because you're in a much better position than most people, including myself, in the country.

Vandy1L

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2004, 01:11:25 PM »
Jeff-

shouldnt you be updating the board on some other asinine detail of your life? like how many times you used the bathroom yesterday

Dicta

• Sr. Citizen
  • Life Is Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2004, 05:28:05 PM »
which cases were those? I totally missed that!  ???
Until you go too far, you will never know how far you can go.
TS Eliot (poorly paraphrased by myself)

Dicta

• Sr. Citizen
  • Life Is Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2004, 11:45:28 PM »
It's kind of fleeing isn't it. The lightbulb goes on very brightly and then BAM someone shuts out the light. That is how I would characterize my understanding of Torts and Contracts!
Thanks for the heads up! ::)
Until you go too far, you will never know how far you can go.
TS Eliot (poorly paraphrased by myself)