Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Outline Recommendations?  (Read 1182 times)

kovyann

• View Profile
Outline Recommendations?
« on: August 17, 2004, 06:11:15 AM »
Does anyone have any recommendations for outlines for Contracts, Civ Pro, and Torts?

I appreciate any and all feedback.  Thanks.

lawgirl

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Outline Recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2004, 09:07:59 AM »
You will probably get a lot of different opinions, but I prefer Emmanuels. I do my own, but look at Emmanuels when I am reviewing a section before class or when I am trying to see the relationship between concepts before outlining. They are great.

duma

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2004, 09:25:40 AM »
They have brainwashing us to think those outliners are the devil.

lawgirl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2004, 10:26:34 AM »
They are not the devil so I don't see a problem in using them if used in the correct way. They can be quite useful. The only reason why I would caution anyone in their decision to buy outlines is to make sure they use them for the right purpose. Use it as a supplement to your reading.

After I do my reading and when I am reviewing for class, I often read over a specifi section of a commercial outline to get an overall "big picture" for what we are doing that day. I also use them when I start my own outlines to get an idea of a good structure (I use those and the table of contents of my book). I would caution people not to use them in place of your reading or as your own outline when studying for finals. So much of your finals depends on the particular slant your professor puts on the material, so doing your own outlines to study for finals is the best. They can be an invaluable aid, but it should be just that, an aid. Just my opinion.

JD_MSA

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2004, 12:31:13 PM »
I get bored when I have to read so many outlines (my outlines plus commercial outlines), so I use the "Law in a Flash" flashcards.  I got the complete set on eBay for around $200. 

Alex

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2004, 12:56:04 PM »
Glannon's answer and explanations for Civ Pro (it is even an optional text for my class)

Emmanuel's for Contracts