Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How many people call it quits after day 1???  (Read 1515 times)

Duner

• MSN Messenger - jkorduner@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LSUConnMan
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - jkorduner
    • View Profile
    • Duner's LSU Law Blog
    • Email
How many people call it quits after day 1???
« on: August 06, 2004, 06:26:11 PM »
as I waste my final days away pondering where i can get some badly needed furniture cheap, the thought came into my mind...how many people call it quits after day 1? I thought back to college and remember people who'd move all their crap into a dorm, and then you'd see them moving it all out a week later because they withdrew from school...and they'd always be willing to sell their stuff cheap instead of packing it up again. but i thought it would be interesting to hear others' opionions.

Ryckman_Boy

• Click Profile to change this text.
    • View Profile
Re: How many people call it quits after day 1???
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2004, 08:59:55 AM »
I think it's so rare it's almost unheard of.  At my school, our section of 92 only lost 2 people the first semester, and I think about 3-4 at the end of the year, but I think most of those people transferred.

as I waste my final days away pondering where i can get some badly needed furniture cheap, the thought came into my mind...how many people call it quits after day 1? I thought back to college and remember people who'd move all their crap into a dorm, and then you'd see them moving it all out a week later because they withdrew from school...and they'd always be willing to sell their stuff cheap instead of packing it up again. but i thought it would be interesting to hear others' opionions.

JD_MSA

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2004, 04:19:09 PM »

I have a sofa I don't want.  Where in the country are you?

Scott

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2004, 07:36:06 PM »
I think losing about 10% is norm, but unlike college most don't leave until the end of first semester, there might be a couple that leave during first semester.

duma

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2004, 12:10:00 AM »
I am at the end of my first week... I don't notice anyone missing.

Lavia

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2004, 10:34:22 PM »
I moved to a new state, and I went to two garage sales in nice communities and got a house FULL of stuff for less than $350. I didn't buy a used couch or bed, though. I paid big bucks for those at major stores. Couch/Chair: $700, Bed $650

Good luck with furniture! I'm afraid of old couches, but then again, I moved to the South, with bugs.

Lavia