Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Financial Aid Deferment Question  (Read 1734 times)

lawonline

• View Profile
    • Email
Financial Aid Deferment Question
« on: August 06, 2004, 01:17:17 PM »
I have a BBA degree from an Regionally Accredited (RA) school and am currently at an RA graduate school (MBA).

Afterwards, I want to go to Concord Law or Taft, which are DETC accredited, and I wanted to know if I would be able to defer my federal student loans.

I figured I may be able to because DETC is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education but I am not certain of that.

Does anyone know for sure?

Thanks. ;D

lawonline

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Financial Aid Deferment Question
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 11:26:35 AM »
Anyone?

VirtualJD

• View Profile
Re: Financial Aid Deferment Question
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2005, 11:51:24 AM »
I can not answer your question because I went to college without loans.  That was some number of years ago, which prompts my questions to you.

I don't know you, so these questions could be completely in left field or rude beyond civility.  I'm making an assumption, based on your post, that you're fairly young.  You have a BA, might have gone into an MBA right out of college or only waiting a short time before starting graduate school.  Why a distince education law school, or in California's classification, a correspondence school? 

Distance education makes sense for some people: if you don't have a part time program in your area, which would force you to choose between no law school or giving up a sizable salary on time of tuition, or you think it's cheaper, or for some folks they can succeed in law school but don't have the grades and LSAT to be accepted? 

If this is a career choice and your young, with 20, 25, or 30 years of reasonable work life, why not do what it takes to gain admission to a ABA school?  If you look at the cost of the more expensive distance Ed. school and the less expensive public university law school, the price (especially in the long term) is a nullity.

Just curious?