Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How much to budget for books?  (Read 3336 times)

Benjamin

• View Profile
    • Email
How much to budget for books?
« on: August 02, 2004, 04:35:21 PM »
How much will it cost for the required materials for first semester/year?  How much will it cost for all of the semi-optional materials?  How much does it cost for the above and beyond aide materials?

Jackie

Re: How much to budget for books?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2004, 12:03:42 AM »
You can expect to pay around $800 for all the required books and some supplements; fortunately, you'll use those books all year for your first year. If you want to get everything recommended and some aids, you might pay over $1000.

Hope that helps.

3rd year Day Student

Benjamin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2004, 11:34:38 AM »
I just spoke with the law school.  They said $1000 for the year, $500 for the semester.  They said that would include enough to cover a selection of study aids. 

Thank you for your response Jackie.  These were the figures I was guessing but I really wanted to have them confirmed so I can make my budget with confidence.  This will be my first time truly living on a fixed income.  It seems especially important to plan it out well.

Jackie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2004, 09:31:21 PM »
Benjamin,
I believe you're are one of my "littles." Fortunately, I see that you have had a lot of your questions answered. But my contact information should have arrived in a letter to you by now, should you want to talk or meet.
We can also communicate via this forum, email or IM if you prefer.
I hope you are having a nice summer!

Jackie