Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: should I use a rolling bag?  (Read 2384 times)

lawgirl

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: should I use a rolling bag?
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2004, 09:21:01 PM »
The "too cool" ones definitely need to get over it. If they are that cool, they can carry my laptop (which is one of the heavier models, one of my books out of several assigned for class that are at least the size of the largest dictionary you have seen, my notes, the supplements, any regular stuff I might take that day, and so on, and so forth...........They can carry it for me every day and then complain to me how other people with rolly bags "look." I got over worrying about what anyone thinks a long time ago. Do what feels comfortable for you and what will not give you a back injury down the road.

Thans

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2004, 02:37:28 PM »
I opted for a backpack (it is huge, though), and found lots of bags/info on ebags.com.

Duner

• MSN Messenger - jkorduner@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LSUConnMan
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - jkorduner
    • View Profile
    • Duner's LSU Law Blog
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2004, 08:07:00 PM »
maybe my school is different than everybody else's, but why on earth would one need a roller bag. don't you get a locker? and aren't all your classes in the same building? it's kind of like high school all over again. i think a backpack would be more than sufficient. besides, i think it would be more of a hassle to cart a roller bag up and down stairs if your classes are on different floors.

vw515

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2004, 01:10:25 AM »
study at home getting three plus casebooks home. Lockers are small.

braindead

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2004, 05:14:01 PM »
I think a giant overstuffed backpack sitting atop your back like a turtle shell is nerdier than a rolling case.

I went for the rolling case.  Mine has a hidden handle and looks more like a briefcase, and it's not obvious that it has wheels.  I don't really plan to be wheeling it through school (although it is freakin' heavy when full), but I'm planning to take the commuter train to school every day and I think I will appreciate the wheels on the two block walk from the train station to school.