Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: should I use a rolling bag?  (Read 2403 times)

IflunkedLS

• View Profile
should I use a rolling bag?
« on: July 31, 2004, 01:18:59 PM »
Hi!

I know all the books will be excessively heavy, so I'm thinking about using a bag/knapsack with wheels.  Is it silly to roll one of those bags around on campus?  Won't a backpack get too heavy on my back?  (I'm a short, 5'3" girl).

THANKS SO MUCH FOR ANY advice you can give, particularly if you've already attended LS last yeaer!
Stewie Griffin: How deliciously evil. It's like something out of Stephen King.

vw515

• View Profile
Re: should I use a rolling bag?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2004, 04:26:00 PM »
Get  the rollerbag. Believe me it gets heavy. make sure to get the compartment for the laptop if you have one. You may have lockers or a trunk but it gets heavy so make sure you get a bag that works. I have no problem with looking like a geek in LS I have made that decision everything I used to say I would never do I am doing Roller bags carrying my books have a notebook that doesnt fit in my purse this is not undergrad anymore no one really cares so get what makes you comfortable. Have fun fellow 1L

IflunkedLS

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2004, 05:18:02 PM »
THANK YOU SO MUCH for taking the time to offer advice!  I'm in the process of ordering one now :0)

Ryckman_Boy

• Click Profile to change this text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2004, 06:34:46 PM »
Noooooooo.... you'll look like such a nerd!  Get a good backpack, but don't get a rolling bag!

THANK YOU SO MUCH for taking the time to offer advice!  I'm in the process of ordering one now :0)

vw515

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2004, 07:11:30 PM »
Who wants to put a laptop your casebooks and study aides or whatever else in a back pack go for it if you dont have back problems or want them. If you want a backpack get a swiss army they are huge camping like but they are comfy my classmate has one.

durty_south

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2004, 10:27:58 AM »
Anyone have any suggestions as to what brands of rolling bags are more durable/ lighter/ better overall?  I have a 15-inch laptop and I want to also have room for some books, but I don't want a bag that weighs 15 pounds when empty.

rainmkr07

• Sr. Citizen
  • Heading to Hofstra Law!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Rainmkr07
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Rainmkr07
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2004, 11:06:24 AM »
I will personally make fun of people rolling down the sidewalks and the hallways with rolling bags.  I may even throw things at them.  And when you are inside, struggling to get up and down stairs with your heavy and huge rolling bag, I will stand behind you, holding everyone up, so they can watch you and make fun of you too.

:D

lol

I am just kidding.

I swear.  ;)

IflunkedLS

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2004, 05:28:07 PM »
Hey Rainmaker,

I remember the first time when I saw someone rolling one of those around on campus, and I thought, "wow, that's a great idea!"  Obviously, I was in a building for graduates, because undergrads are still, to this day, too self-conscious to use it.   

I started looking at the rolling bags at Target, and it's becoming obvious to me that I need it.  There's a handle at the top of the bag, so you just lift it when you use stairs.  I lug around too much crap:  I need a WHOLE GALLON of water, a half liter of coffee, snacks, lunch (too broke to not bring all of said provisions with me), not to mention all the books!  Many of these bags are cute, too, without looking imposing at all.  I'm very glad that I know I won't strain my petit back anytime soon.

b

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2004, 05:47:02 PM »
There will be plenty of others who use them.  There will also be people who are "too cool" to use them.  Anybody in the "too cool" group needs to get over it.  You will find that the best students are there to get an education, not the ones that want to relive their highschool days.

JD_MSA

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2004, 08:42:56 PM »
There should be a study of rolling baggers vs. non-rolling baggers . . . who gets the better grades?  My money's on the rolling baggers.   :D

. . . and I carry a backpack.