Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Advice for New Law Students  (Read 14303 times)

GW2L

• View Profile
Re: Advice for New Law Students
« Reply #70 on: May 02, 2005, 04:36:27 PM »
I actually laughed out loud when I read this.  Very funny

"Also, figure out what kind of person you want to be in lawschool"

That is the lamest thing I have ever heard. I understand what you are saying, and it is so frigg'n pathetic that you would not only think that, but "say" it.

Seriously, after you get done watching Dr. Phil and finish whatever self-help book you are reading, come up for air and realize that ritual suicide is a very healthy option for yourself

NoelleMyBelle

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: May 02, 2005, 11:15:45 PM »
I think this is excellent advice. I don't give everything I have to other people but I am open to sharing when someone has something to offer me, too. You don't have to become a bad person just cause you decided to go to law school!

"Also, figure out what kind of person you want to be in lawschool"

That is the lamest thing I have ever heard. I understand what you are saying, and it is so frigg'n pathetic that you would not only think that, but "say" it.

Seriously, after you get done watching Dr. Phil and finish whatever self-help book you are reading, come up for air and realize that ritual suicide is a very healthy option for yourself

finko

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2005, 07:30:46 AM »
I don't bash anyone, seriously though, you didn' think his comment was stupid? I mean I don't know if he was kidding or not, but it was a stupid comment. And I think everyone of us has a right, no a duty, to point out anyone who says stupid mindless things.

Noelle actually makes a good point in her last note.

And in concluesion, if comments like, "figure out who you want to be" actually helps anyone who is over the age of 17, then they have much bigger problems coming for them.

Thank you for the constructive comments birddog.

Finko obviously has nothing to do but try to bring others down.  He/she posted something nasty like that to someone else's comments on another topic.  Ignore him/her and keep giving the great comments.

kdeevers

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 03, 2005, 07:35:00 AM »
Yes because telling him to commit ritual suicide was an intelligent comment.  If you don't have anything to add of substance than don't say anything.

And I agree with you Noelle.  You could easily get taken advantage of if you are "too nice".  Give something and get something back.

finko

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2005, 02:50:27 PM »
I applaud you for your comprehension of sarcasm, I also applaud the fact that you come into a message board and give people advice such as "And I agree with you Noelle.  You could easily get taken advantage of if you are "too nice"

I hope you do something really important, because if this is all you contribute to society you are wasting my drinking water.

3Peat

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2005, 06:23:06 AM »
bump

kdeevers

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2005, 07:48:21 AM »
I applaud you for your comprehension of sarcasm, I also applaud the fact that you come into a message board and give people advice such as "And I agree with you Noelle.  You could easily get taken advantage of if you are "too nice"

I hope you do something really important, because if this is all you contribute to society you are wasting my drinking water.

You need help and a life. 

Look at the positive tone of the title of this post and the positive suggestions that people have posted to try to help others.  I never claimed to be giving any advice, because I know nothing on the topic.  I will be starting law school in the Fall, so I am looking to take the advice of those who have been through it.

Look at the posts you have put on this board alone.  None of them helpful, all criticizing others and adding nothing of substance.  If you would like to continue a senseless back and forth match of which of us "contributes more to society", then you can do it with yourself, because that's not what this post is for.  If you don't have anything to add ON THE TOPIC then move on.

YankyKitten

• Take time and smell the flowers
    • AOL Instant Messenger - yankykitten
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2005, 01:24:15 PM »
Thanks for all the advice!
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=YankyKitten178

"The great pleasure in life is doing what others say you cannot."

finko

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 25, 2005, 02:04:58 PM »

You need help and a life. 

Look at the positive tone of the title of this post and the positive suggestions that people have posted to try to help others.  I never claimed to be giving any advice, because I know nothing on the topic.  I will be starting law school in the Fall, so I am looking to take the advice of those who have been through it.

Look at the posts you have put on this board alone.  None of them helpful, all criticizing others and adding nothing of substance.  If you would like to continue a senseless back and forth match of which of us "contributes more to society", then you can do it with yourself, because that's not what this post is for.  If you don't have anything to add ON THE TOPIC then move on.

Sweet comments dude., don't forget to add that this is a place for serious discourse and that people who make sacarastic comments are only wasting everyone's time and their own.

Oh by the way, you sister is a slut.

be10dwn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: May 25, 2005, 04:18:23 PM »
Yep I do believe this thread is officially dead