Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSAC on the web  (Read 776 times)

Rachelb1

LSAC on the web
« on: July 23, 2004, 03:03:56 PM »
Hi, I'm wondering what kind of experience people have had with the LSAC on The web application systems.  Does it really help to make it easier?  Is it worth the price?

Thanks

Craic

• View Profile
Re: LSAC on the web
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2004, 06:19:07 PM »
I purchased and used the LSAC web based application last year. The only thing that I didn’t like was that LSAC advertises that you can fill in common information (undergraduate education, work experience, etc) and it will flow through to every application. However, I found that my common information didn’t fit on every application so I had to go to each application and adjust accordingly.

Other than that, I liked the web based system. It allows you to save applications and work on them bit by bit, and sending them to the school is a snap. As soon as you click send the application and any attachments are received by the school, so there is no need to worry if your application ever made it into the hands of the admissions committee. Many schools offer the option of paying the application fee online, and for those who don’t, the LSAC provides a letter that you print out and mail to the school with payment.

Also, it is a three or four step process to actually "send" the application...so the risk of sending an incomplete application by mistake is very very low!

I think it is worth the $54 to have a “paperless” application process!!!

dft

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2004, 10:44:56 PM »
How does LSAC on the web compare to LSAC on CD?  Anyone know?  (or wait... is this the first year the LSAC on CD is being offered?)

lkw

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2004, 12:35:46 PM »
I like the LSAC on the web a bit better...they are the same application, just one is web-based and the other is physical.  I like the on the web version because you can access it from any computer--which you might find yourself doing when you are at work/vacation/etc.  I would definitely go for the web version. 

jakia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2004, 04:12:28 PM »
If you are applying to numerous schools, it's definitely worth the price; however, most schools have pdf versions that are easily accessed.

On the web is VERY convenient.  You can use it anywhere.  Like the poster above said, it definitely provides peace of mind.

dft

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2004, 10:25:07 PM »
If you are applying to numerous schools, it's definitely worth the price; however, most schools have pdf versions that are easily accessed.

On the web is VERY convenient.  You can use it anywhere.  Like the poster above said, it definitely provides peace of mind.

thanks guys.