Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UNLV Law Fall '04  (Read 4958 times)

Anna A.

UNLV Law Fall '04
« on: July 20, 2004, 06:43:18 PM »
Is anyone going to UNLV this fall. If so, please post. I would really like to get to know some of my future classmates.

Jayson

Re: UNLV Law Fall '04
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2004, 02:42:51 AM »
I will be in the Fall 04 entering class at UNLV.  I am in the process of getting ready to drive from DC to LV in about 2 weeks. I graduated from Georgetown in May, my parents retired and moved to LV 2 years ago. I wanted to go to law school on the West coast. It came down to UNLV, Utah, USD or Pepperdine. I also was admitted to American and George Mason but tired of the VA/DC area. I was informed that over 2200 people applied for 140 spaces. I guess I have accomplished something by getting in.

Anna A.

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2004, 09:35:44 AM »
Hey Jayson, what section are you in? If you didn't get it in the mail you, you can go online to the finaid website and log in. On the demographic info page, it'll have a link to "UNLV's Student Information Web Access." Then on the new window enter your SSN. Then enter your PIN, read the instructions for what it is. At the very top, it'll give you your student ID# which begins w/ "L", write it down. Then go to this link http://boyd.law.unlv.edu/2004/ Your username is your ID# and the password is your last name in all caps. Click on the link for "Review Fall 2004 Assigned Courses."

I know it sounds a little complicated but it's not that hard. Or you can just wait to get the details in the mail.

Well, I'm in section 2. I'm pretty excited to start. I just graduated from Villanova Univ. out by the Philly area. So, like you, I also have to pack up my apt and drive out there. I'm glad that I already have an apt for when I get out there. I'm suprised that they didn't have any issues w/ income since neither me or my bf have jobs lined up. I'm not going to be working though, but usually they want to see that before they approve you.

Well, my parents also moved out there when I was 14. I actually went to Green Valley High School out there and did one year of ugrad at UNLV before transfering to Villanova. I'm excited to move back to Vegas since I miss the town. Plus, Philly is one of the worst cities that I've ever been in. And the snow is just too much for me. Next time that I want to see snow I'll drive up to Utah and go skiing.

I've actually been contacted by one other UNLV LS student. She's also from the DC area but she's been working for Boeing. She seems really cool. I'm glad that both of us are in the same section. The funny thing is that we're also going to live about 1 block away in the Silverado Ranch area, so it'll be perfect if we want to form a study group.

I think that we all made a pretty good choice in picking UNLV. I've heard very good things about the school and how it's star is on the rise. Like you, I got into some schools on the East Coast but I just can't take the snow, especially if graduates usually work in the same area. I wanted to go out West and be closer to my family.

Well, let me know what section you belong to, via this board or by email.

Amy

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2004, 07:02:26 PM »
Hi guys!  I will be a 1L at UNLV this fall also.  I am in Section 2 and just moved here from Vermont a few weeks ago (looong drive).  I am originally from VT and was there during the past year but I lived and worked in NYC in finance/investment banking for about 6 years before that, most recently at Credit Suisse First Boston in equity derivatives sales and marketing.  I went to Syracuse for undergrad and was an art photo major.  I am so OLD compared to you guys, but I anticipated that happening in law school anyway!  I just hope there are others older than me!

I am excited about UNLV, although nervous about going back to school and the enormous amount of reading I will be doing, but I look forward to meeting everyone and hearing of their backgrounds and experiences.  See you in a couple of weeks!