Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Any STMU 1Ls out there?  (Read 8160 times)

jrcjd07

• MSN Messenger - jrc1216@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Any STMU 1Ls out there?
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2004, 10:43:08 AM »
You did not miss much by avoiding UH.  Unfortunately, though probably not uncommonly, the quality of my undergrad education was mediocre at best.  Not to mention UH is in one of the worst parts of town and is basically a commuter school.  I did manage to find a few good profs, but basically it was a stepping stone to get to law school.

Glad to be in SA, and NOT excited about Procedure at 8am (though I am a morning person).  Going to have to get up and really get moving if we're going to review at all before class.  Do you know anything about any of the profs?  The only one whose name I even know is R. Piatt in Research, and only b/c it's the dean's wife.

chupacabra96

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2004, 11:24:11 AM »
No word on the profs, but I have some feelers out (recent alum & a mentor).

8 am sounds worse than it is, I guess.  I usually am at work by 7 am already...

jag1229

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2004, 07:25:02 PM »
Section D...pretty decent sch.  MWF 9:30-3:50 & TTH 3:30-4:45.  Thanks for the info. on the campus.

jrcjd07

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2004, 06:20:30 PM »
I priced books on campus yesterday and looks like the whole deal is about $590 before tax.  But I also priced them online and if you have a Barnes and Noble Readers Advantage card you can save about $70 bucks and they do free shipping for orders over a certain amount.  Thought you guys might like the info...

jag1229

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2004, 07:31:35 PM »
Is there any supplemental material included in that price...or is that for the bare minimum case books etc.?

jrcjd07

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2004, 10:33:09 AM »
Jag,

The $590 was just the required materials on the shelves at St. Mary's.  It was mostly casebooks and codebooks, but it was everything required four Section C.  Some of the books were the same as other sections, but I don't remember which ones (books or sections).  The online Barnes and Noble price difference of $70 included all but four books I needed and those were relatively inexpensive (34.50 and lower).

John

Thans

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2004, 02:47:20 PM »
Hey...just moved to SA from Austin.  Anyone here in Section A?  I see that no one has posted here for a while, but I thought I'd give it a shot.

That price is for the books only (there are 14 of them) but I wasn't able to get one for Procedure w/Haddock.  I'm hoping it'll be available before class starts, or the Prof. will choose another one. 

jrcjd07

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2004, 10:03:56 AM »
Hey Thans,

You should try Barnes and Noble online.  They have virtually all the law books at or below the bookstore price and if you have a Readers Advantage card you save an additional 5% AND NO TAX!  Plus anything over 25 or 50 bucks is free shipping.

J