Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Any STMU 1Ls out there?  (Read 8185 times)

jrcjd07

• MSN Messenger - jrc1216@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Any STMU 1Ls out there?
« on: July 08, 2004, 12:03:58 PM »
Any St. Mary's 1L's reading this board?  I'm curious to meet the people I get to spend the next three years in hell with...

Jag1229

Re: Any STMU 1Ls out there?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2004, 01:48:50 PM »
I'm right there with ya!  Looking forward to getting started!

chupacabra96

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2004, 02:41:08 PM »
Yet another (probable) St Mary's student here.  you guys already in SA?

jag1229

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2004, 03:13:56 PM »
I am still in Houston, I will be moving up that way the weekend before orientation.  It is my intention to work until the last possible moment, no need in giving up a good paycheck until I must.  Are you guys doing any kind of prep before it all begins, or just taking it easy?

chupacabra96

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2004, 03:16:08 PM »
Kinda taking it easy.  I've read too many books about law school for now, but I'll try to finish Getting to Maybe before classes start.

jag1229

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2004, 03:24:54 PM »
I ran through PLSII, it offered a few ideas that I thought were worth while.  I think I might just take a gander at the E & E books, maybe a few of the "can" books & leave it at that.  So, are you already in San Antonio or still hanging out somewhere else? I saw on the housing site the other day, that we were to have heard from a mentor...have you heard from one yet? 

chupacabra96

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2004, 03:35:34 PM »
Just heard from my mentor yesterday.  I actually live here, so no need to move or look for a roommate (I'm married to mine).

Jag1229

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2004, 03:46:50 PM »
I'm married as well.  Unfortunately my better half is going to have to stay in Houston.  He is in litigation support & has been unable to find a comparable position in San Antonio.  He'll be visiting on the weekends, with what he does that is usually the only time I get to see him anyhow.  I found a 3L up there that I am going to move in with for atleast the first year.  I'm looking forward to moving back to the central Texas area (went to ug there).  I think that we are going to head up there this weekend just to check things out.  Have you ever visited the campus?

jrcjd07

• MSN Messenger - jrc1216@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2004, 04:08:33 AM »
Jag and chupa,

Sorry I haven't replied to my own thread, but I've had family in town for a couple of days.  Glad to know there are more STMU guys out there and reading this board.  I just ran across this a couple of weeks ago and have enjoyed most of what I have found.

I'm already in SA and loving it.  I'm a native Houstonian and wasn't exactly heartbroken to leave.  The two big changes I am most pleased with are the weather and TRAFFIC!  Both are much better here.

I have been to campus and like it.  It's not in the best part of town, but not the worst either and once you're on campus it's nice.  The law buildings are all close together and next to the athletic center and the UC; very convenient.

I've done some prep, but I'm trying not to ruin the summer by getting more anxious than necessary about what's ahead.

Though I'm not married, I might as well be.  My long-time girlfirend and I moved here together and the wedding is on hold exclusively due to the fact that I am starting school.

I hope to get to know you guys in the next year; I'm sure it will be memorable.  I did get my schedule the other day and am in Section C...how about you?

chupacabra96

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2004, 10:27:48 AM »
jrcjd07 --

Wow -- I'm Section C as well.  Looking forward to Procedure at 8 am MWF already...and I will have a hard time not referring to 'Teeter Torts' for my Torts prof.

Glad to have you in SA, by the way.  I would've considered UH if it wasn't in Houston (although I am a rarely-seen-in-these-parts Texans fan).