Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: NYLS($$$) vs Touro($)  (Read 1015 times)

ronnie10

NYLS($$$) vs Touro($)
« on: July 07, 2004, 11:20:36 AM »
I was accepted to both.  Touro offer me $3000 for part time.  NYLS didn't offer me any money.  It would cost me $28,000 to go to NYLS part time as compare with 16,500 in Touro.  I would most likley would like to practice locally. which school should I go to?   

FMC

• View Profile
Re: NYLS($$$) vs Touro($)
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2004, 12:01:45 PM »
I was accepted to both.  Touro offer me $3000 for part time.  NYLS didn't offer me any money.  It would cost me $28,000 to go to NYLS part time as compare with 16,500 in Touro.  I would most likley would like to practice locally. which school should I go to?   
Hey Ronnie-- I am going to NYLS PT so I am biased. But from what I understand, NYLS even as a Tier 3 is in a totally different league than Touro. I know cost is an issue but seriously consider what you might make after you graduate from NYLS v. Touro. From what I understand, NYLS has a solid career placement office. That was an important factor in my decision. I also live and work in the city so that made a difference as well. Good luck the decision.

ronnie10

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2004, 01:39:16 PM »
Thanks for you answer.
Are you 1L student?
can you tell me what kind of a scholarship would you get in NYLS if you are in the top %20 or top %15 of your class?
how is the job market for someone who isn't in the top %20?
Anybody else has any comments about Touro?

FMC

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2004, 02:19:23 PM »
I'm starting in the Fall. Not sure about 2nd year scholarships. The financial aid office will answer that though. They said at Admitted Students Day that anyone in the top 15% will automatically get $$ the 2nd year. They didn't say how much though. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Evan

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2004, 02:24:20 PM »
Ronnie, I don't know much about Touro but I hear NYLS has a good local rep.  I was in NYC this weekend and our hotel was only about 4 blocks from NYLS which seems to have nice facilities.