Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: anyone ever transferred out of cooley?  (Read 7453 times)

labrat

anyone ever transferred out of cooley?
« on: July 01, 2004, 02:48:26 PM »
if so, how 'bout some numbers/where to...

tryintomove

Re: anyone ever transferred out of cooley?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2004, 12:41:40 PM »
I'm trying to - but i haven't heard anything yet. I applied to mostly tier 2 schools - I'm top 15% and keeping my fingers crossed that good news is coming and i didn't waste the money on the application fees. hopefully this week some news will start rolling in.

defense

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2004, 01:08:14 PM »
I will most likely be attending Cooley in Fall 2005 with the intention of tansferring after my first year.  Would anyone be willing to discuss their experience at Cooley and the transfer process with me?  Thanks.

lawgirl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2004, 01:42:41 PM »
defense

Check your LSD email. I replied.

tryintomove

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2004, 01:52:26 PM »
First response came yesterday - admission to a low tier 1 - high tier 2 school; not sure exactly what the number is. Success. it can be done. still holding out for a different school though right now, hoping to hear this week so i can make my deposit deadline at the other school. good luck

anothercooleystudent

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2004, 03:40:48 PM »
I'm trying to - but i haven't heard anything yet. I applied to mostly tier 2 schools - I'm top 15% and keeping my fingers crossed that good news is coming and i didn't waste the money on the application fees. hopefully this week some news will start rolling in.

What term are you in?  Which low tier 1 school did you get into?  Just curious.

Just finished my 3rd term this summer.

Bob

anothercooleystudent

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2004, 03:48:57 PM »
I will most likely be attending Cooley in Fall 2005 with the intention of tansferring after my first year.  Would anyone be willing to discuss their experience at Cooley and the transfer process with me?  Thanks.

Cooley was great.  It is a demanding school with a demanding exam schedule.  The exam is only 1 week and you have it on back to back days.

If you are seriously thinking of applying, you need to befriend the professors.  Some will write letter of recommendation for you, while others will not.  It all depends on why and what your reason is.  You need to be in the top 10 to 15% to get out.  It's pretty easy to get into the top 10% when there are over 500 students.

Put the time and effort into studying, briefing your cases, and being prepared for class.  It's always awkard to have someone's name get called and all they do is mumble for 3 minutes.

The people at Cooley are hit and miss.  It all depends on your own personality and can you deal with people.  I've met great people who have been fun and wonderful to hang out with.  Again this will be a personal issue for you to decide.

Good luck at Cooley this term.  Let me know who your professors are and I can give you a little more tips about them.

I'm transferring out of Cooley to a Tier 1 school.

Unregistered

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2004, 03:52:57 PM »
Another Cooley Student,

How many credits did u take each semester? If you have less than 30 before summer will schools still consider u for the fall? Thanks

anothercooleystudent

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2004, 06:56:44 PM »
Another Cooley Student,

How many credits did u take each semester? If you have less than 30 before summer will schools still consider u for the fall? Thanks

I started with the standard schedule of 4 class year round.  I was informed by some school that they wouldn't even look at my application because I haven't had 30 credits yet.  So this summer I took only 3 class because if I transferred I didn't want to lose money on credits that I couldn't transfer not to mention that it was summer.  Your best bet would be to take the 5 class load if you're starting this fall and hoping to transfer.

Hope this help.  Post if you need more information.

Bob

Unregistered

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2004, 07:28:46 PM »
But it is fine if u just finish up the remaining in the summer? I was planning on take 9 credits in the summer to get to 30. Thanks for the reply