Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Renting a place near Cooley  (Read 6828 times)

David Bakody

• LSAT 151 GPA 3.53
    • View Profile
Renting a place near Cooley
« on: June 29, 2004, 05:43:16 PM »
I'm looking at renting a place over the Internet in the East Lansing area in a neighborhood known as Groesbeck.

Can any other Cooley students here comment on this neighborhood or general area?

Evan

Re: Renting a place near Cooley
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2004, 12:17:04 PM »
David I don't know the neighborhood but I'm headed up there in a couple of weeks.  If you like I could swing by and check the place out.

becool

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2004, 03:51:48 PM »
I will be attending Cooley in the Fall and have a pre-lease agreement with Capitol Commons. Does anyone have any feed back about this apartment complex? Also I am having a hard time dealing with the Financial Aid office, their estimated cost of attendance is extremly low and I am having to appeal their numbers to increase the amount of loans I can take out, has anyone else done this and if so do you have any advice.

_DOWNY_

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2004, 10:05:17 AM »
Everyone can move in with DOWNY next year.
DOWNY is watching you.

JennD

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2004, 07:34:51 PM »
Now that you are at Cooley, what do you think of the apartment situation?  Do you like Capitol Commons, any suggestions for places to live?

lexinash

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2006, 10:18:03 PM »
Hello!  I also plan on attending Cooley in the Fall.  If anyone knows of any decent/safe/inexpensive apartments, please let me know!  I'm looking for a 2 or 3 bedroom because my 11 year old will need a bedroom and hope to be able to find a 3 bedroom that is affordable so we can set up an office. 

I will be moving from Florida, so needless to say the weather is going to take some getting used to.

Thanks! 

ls77

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2006, 09:54:27 AM »
The area  west of Lansing is really nice.  Look over on Canal...it's only about ten minutes from school.   Canal Club is a good deal and a really nice place...lots of amenities.

lexinash

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2006, 12:05:11 PM »
Thanks!  I'll look in to that...I think I saw them on rentnet.com, but hearing feedback helps a lot! 

Do you currently attend Cooley?

6-Pack

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2006, 03:40:03 PM »
I'm going to attend in the Fall as well.  I went back in February and looked all over the Lansing area (I'm from Erie, PA) and I loved the looks of Lansing Towers.  Has anyone else heard anything about this place? (good or bad)?

jireh

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2006, 04:57:47 PM »
I also will attend Cooley in the Fall and looking for an apartment in east lansing. Any recommendation of decent apartments in the area