Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: what's the student atmosphere like?  (Read 2617 times)

jdawg

what's the student atmosphere like?
« on: June 29, 2004, 02:36:40 AM »
are USD students ultra-competetive, laid back, somewhere in the middle? I'd like to hear from any current students out there.

thanks.

mssss

Re: what's the student atmosphere like?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2004, 09:24:27 AM »
Student atmosphere is ok, not great.  The school's campus feels like your always in a parking lot.  You walk from USD's library to their outdated main building through a PARKING LOT.  The students are competitive, but not ultra competitive or else we would be in USC, UCLA or top 30.  Student government has parties every Fri. I believe at various bars in SD. 

In all, just do your job and don't get too boggled down with USD students because they wont really be of any use to you in terms of trying to succeed @ USD.  JUST MY ADVICE, PERHAPS OTHER USD PEOPLE WANT TO ADD THEIR OPINION(S)?  Professors are ok too.   

Sassy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2004, 01:46:33 AM »
Yes, I think that's right -- USD is about in the middle.  Plus, every class is different - some seem to have more competitive people than others.  Most people that I know there are competitive, but not to the detriment of others.  We all strive to improve our own personal numbers, but that doesn't mean we won't help our fellow classmates by sharing outlines, professor insight, etc.   

hmusd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2005, 11:43:00 AM »
That is good to hear.  When I was deciding between USC and USD that was the main factor.  When I visited USC everyone seemed to be so stressed out and unapproachable, but when I visited USD I met a few nice students who answered my questions and told me that the environment was not cutthroat, that students WERE friends and helped each other out.  Just seemed like a better place to spend 3 yrs... and stay somewhat sane!

Attending: University of San Diego.
Applied (and accepted): USC, Denver U., U of Oregon, Lewis & Clark, Loyola.