Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Has anyone tried to communicate with admissions lately?  (Read 13567 times)

FMC

• View Profile
Re: Has anyone tried to communicate with admissions lately?
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2004, 11:16:36 AM »
Uh-Oh. Maybe I should have gone to Hofstra after all. Damn.

kovyann

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2004, 11:40:21 AM »
So if they have a location on Wall Street, do they have a date?  And is it going to interfere with us being in school?

How could they make all of these changes without being upfront with us, so that we could properly make decision?!!?!?  I'm sorry that this negatively affects the decisions you have made :(

FMC

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2004, 01:56:35 PM »
These are good questions that I bet we will not get answers to anytime soon. I shoudl call up Hofstra and tell them I changed my mind.  ;D

kovyann

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2004, 02:53:27 PM »
Do you mind if I ask why you chose New York Law over Hofstra?

FMC

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2004, 04:24:07 PM »
I live and work in the city. I will be going PT evening. I want to live in the city after school. The commute to LI four nights a week would have been a grind and would have affected my grades. 1st year grades are soooo important

While Hofstra currently ranks above NYLS that changes from year to year. I consulted several people and apparently NYLS has a top flight job placement office. NYLS also has a better record of placing people in NYC than Hofstra. Hofstra's rank has jumped but from what I understand the majority of their graduates get placed in Nassua or Suffolk counties.

kovyann

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2004, 04:40:19 PM »
That is very useful information, I appreciate it.  I had a difficult time dealing with my going to a third tier school, rather than a second, just because I've heard over and over again that the higher ranked a school is, the better.  I love that NYLS is in NYC and it seems to have such a great overall environment, I know I will be happy there, but its nice to be reassured every once in awhile  ;)

FMC

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2004, 12:17:08 PM »
Yeah and I think we shoud try to hold tight about the move. Not sure if they will really move forward with that. And if they EVER did that in the middle of a semester I think people would flip out.

kovyann

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2004, 03:30:57 PM »
I'm sure they wouldn't be that inconsiderate to do it during the semester.  I'm hoping it happens during the summer because break inbetween semesters is NOT enough time!!!  So I'm not going to worry about it until I have too, besides Wall Street is definitely nice too :)

flecktone

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2004, 06:16:42 PM »
I just spoke to Perez about my scheduling dilemma.  He was very helpful and assured me that my classes won't be scheduled all over the map.

Anyway, I then brought up the subject of the move.  After an uncomfortable laugh, he said that the latest is that we won't be moving until Fall 2006.  I asked him if that was definite, and he said they "shook hands on it" and are in the process of finalizing the lease.  So, we stay put for two years then the school moves over the summer, which is not bad.   :)

kovyann

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2004, 10:14:58 AM »
Thanks for the info.  I'm glad that it is going to work out with your schedule.  Did he give any indication when we should expect to get our schedules?  I know someone in Admissions said July...but nothing specific.