Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: new michigan law students living in lawyers club?  (Read 8814 times)

jamiek12

• View Profile
    • Email
new michigan law students living in lawyers club?
« on: June 14, 2004, 02:33:13 PM »
Any new Michigan law students living in the lawyers club?? Talk to me!  ;D :D :)

jamiek12

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: new michigan law students living in lawyers club?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2004, 06:59:54 PM »
I'm from Monroe Township, NJ...u? 

jamiek12

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2004, 07:11:02 PM »
no, i'm going to send it in tomorrow.  i think i'd be happy at michigan, but i'm still on waitlists to UVA and UPenn.  i've never visited umich and i've seen and loved the other two schools.  did you send yours in?  and what type of room do you have?  i have a double suite...do you know if that means that each person gets their own bedroom but shares a study...or if everything is shared?

jamiek12

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2004, 08:33:48 PM »
I wanted to go to visit, but both of those weekends I had track meets.  Looking back, I should have gone anyway.  I would go to UVA if i had the choice...waitlists don't look very promising because there were so many applicants this year.  They probably have more than enough people already.  I'm pretty sure I'll end up at Michigan.  What's your name?  And do you have any idea what type of law you want to get into?

jamiek12

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2004, 09:03:21 AM »
Good guess! ;) Int. Law seems interesting..  I'm not sure what kind of law yet...I was planning on Environmental, but people have told me that you work more with real estate than anything else :-\  I just finished undergrad. at Rutgers this May.  How about you?

jamiek12

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2004, 09:36:19 AM »
That's not too long ago...the avg. age is 24/25, right?  So that means there will be a lot of people not coming straight from college.  English and Psychology were my majors.  How about you?  Oh yeah...I just replied to you on another post about long-dist. relationships  :-\

jamiek12

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2004, 05:39:06 PM »
Haven't heard from Penn or UVA yet.  I am starting to lose hope after seeing how common waitlisting is...there may be hundreds of people before me.  I'm planning to drive to Michigan because I'll have to move some stuff out there.  Are you driving?  Also, are you planning on having a car there?  I would like to, but I'm not sure how to go about getting a parking permit if that's even possible.  ttyl  :)

jamiek12

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2004, 08:49:32 AM »
Wow,15 hours.  WHen are you bringing your stuff to your parents' house? You're probably right about not needing a car but there is something crippling about not having one.  What if I have a nervous breakdown and need to get out of there?  I guess I'll just walk away, really fast.  Also, there are a few little breaks in the schedule of about 4 days and there's one in Feb. for 10 days.  I would love to be able to go home or drive to my sister's (she's 4 hours away). 

jamiek12

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2004, 08:20:35 AM »
Taking a break before school seems like a good idea.  I'm working a lot now and I'm going to quit both jobs by August 1st.  My sister will be living in Alpena, MI when she and her husband close on a house.  I never thought we'd both be living in MI.  That's nice to have a place in Chicago to go for breaks since we get quite a few short breaks.  I'm procrastinating but I guess I should call and ask about parking permits on Monday.

jamiek12

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2004, 03:30:50 PM »
aah! I keep getting my post deleted. 
I haven't heard from Penn.  I'm not sure what would happen with the LC lease...if I can't break it, I'll go to UM because I can't afford to lose that much $.  At this point, I'm just thinking like I'm going to UM b/c most waitlists are just polite rejections from what I hear/read.  I'm not even sure I'd be happier at Penn because UM seems great.  The only thing that makes me think twice about Penn/UVA is my relationship which is important to me.  I wish I knew what was going on for sure b/c I talked to my suitemate at UM and she seems cool.  I should just go to UM and be happy I'm in there!