Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: advice please  (Read 1885 times)

smitisaha

• View Profile
    • Email
advice please
« on: June 13, 2004, 07:32:33 AM »
hi i am an international student and have gotten an admission in the LLM program at Fordham University. First of all i wanted to know how good is the University for LLM? i do know about the official rankings and stuff, but if anyone can give me any additional information? second, what are the chances of getting a job or an OPT after the Masters considering that I have done my LLB (JD) from India?

Thanks for all the help

Maharishi

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: advice please
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2004, 08:08:48 PM »
Hey, I got admitted too!
I was in NYC two weeks ago, so I got a chance to pay them a visit. The school is very well located, a block away from the park in the Upper West Side. And they're very nice people too.
Traditional rankings only concern JD students. However, the most important thing about rankings is the reputation they 'give' to the schools. As a result, you'll understand that the difference between JD's and LLM's doesn't really matter, as long as the name on your resume sounds good. ;)
Bye!

dgatl

Re: advice please
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2004, 12:58:07 PM »
Fordham is the number 4 or 5 feeder for big law firms in the NY area.  You should do fine.  go to http://www.nalpdirectory.com and see which firms hire LLM's (in general, and from Fordham)