Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: BC class of 2007  (Read 20184 times)

eee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
BC class of 2007
« on: June 13, 2004, 02:59:53 AM »
are there any other incoming 1Ls out there?

pjc

• AOL Instant Messenger - pjchoi
    • View Profile
Re: BC class of 2007
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2004, 08:07:36 PM »
here.

michelle

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2004, 01:01:53 PM »
yups... i'll be 1L also... i'll see some of you at the housing fair=)

eee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2004, 03:43:19 PM »
well, no housing fair for me... i think ive already got a place (right off of comm ave near the washington square T stop).

are you all planning on taking the T/BC shuttle to school or are you goign to drive?

pjc

• AOL Instant Messenger - pjchoi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2004, 02:55:20 AM »
i will be at the housing fair. as i will not have a car (at least for first year), i will try to find a place to live as close to school as possible - hopefully w/in walking distance, or w/ easy access to the bc shuttle.

eee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2004, 01:28:00 PM »
have you all given any thought to what computer you are going to buy? what do you think about the ones they are offering through the bc bookstore?

michelle

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2004, 09:39:43 AM »
as for what computer to buy, I'm def going with the one they are selling through the bookstore... I personally know little about computers, so buying the computer through the school will ensure that I will have the required software, etc.  I know that some operating systems are not compatable with "examsoft" (i think thats what its called).  So, if you want to take your exams on a computer, make sure your LAPTOP is compatable their stuff.  Plus, the IBMs come with a slight discount.  If, however, you know a lot about computers, then I would go with least-cost, b/c I don't think it matters much...  Def. get a warranty tho!

Does anybody know when they are sending us our class schedules and system passwords?

nachosauce

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2004, 11:05:32 AM »
system passwords were mailed out already i got mine yesterday but i am in state so you may get yours in a day or two.

you get class schedules i think at orientation or slightly before. but i think first year classes are scheduled monday - friday between the hrs of 9 - 3:05.

nachosauce

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2004, 11:34:50 AM »
michelle,

which ibms are you talking about?  the bookstore uses dells so i am a little bit confused. seemed like they used ibms last year?

i want an ibm i have heard nothing but good so i think i may be swinging that way on the laptop purchase.

eee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2004, 11:58:36 AM »
it seems like the laptops that they are offering through the school are a VERY good deal. as much as i hate dell computers, i think the price and the full warranty (where even if i break it they fix it) might force me to go with the BC comps.

my other option is to get a "custom" computer though a company in cambridge. id definitely be better quality, but wouldnt come with the complete warranty...

hmmm... too many choices...