School Specific Boards > Boston College

BC class of 2007

<< < (2/12) > >>

eee:
have you all given any thought to what computer you are going to buy? what do you think about the ones they are offering through the bc bookstore?

michelle:
as for what computer to buy, I'm def going with the one they are selling through the bookstore... I personally know little about computers, so buying the computer through the school will ensure that I will have the required software, etc.  I know that some operating systems are not compatable with "examsoft" (i think thats what its called).  So, if you want to take your exams on a computer, make sure your LAPTOP is compatable their stuff.  Plus, the IBMs come with a slight discount.  If, however, you know a lot about computers, then I would go with least-cost, b/c I don't think it matters much...  Def. get a warranty tho!

Does anybody know when they are sending us our class schedules and system passwords?

nachosauce:
system passwords were mailed out already i got mine yesterday but i am in state so you may get yours in a day or two.

you get class schedules i think at orientation or slightly before. but i think first year classes are scheduled monday - friday between the hrs of 9 - 3:05.

nachosauce:
michelle,

which ibms are you talking about?  the bookstore uses dells so i am a little bit confused. seemed like they used ibms last year?

i want an ibm i have heard nothing but good so i think i may be swinging that way on the laptop purchase.

eee:
it seems like the laptops that they are offering through the school are a VERY good deal. as much as i hate dell computers, i think the price and the full warranty (where even if i break it they fix it) might force me to go with the BC comps.

my other option is to get a "custom" computer though a company in cambridge. id definitely be better quality, but wouldnt come with the complete warranty...

hmmm... too many choices...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version