Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Seeking any kind of comfort!  (Read 659 times)

rainmkr07

• Sr. Citizen
  • Heading to Hofstra Law!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Rainmkr07
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Rainmkr07
    • View Profile
    • Email
Seeking any kind of comfort!
« on: June 11, 2004, 09:57:52 AM »
Please read the thread at this link:

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,3647.0

Basically, a bunch of soon to be 1Ls (starting in August) are pretty nervous when we looked at the exams at this link:

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,3647.0

When I look at these exams, I know that I haven't even had any classes yet, but I still wonder if, even with classes, and even with books, and even if I KNEW these exam questions in advance, I STILL wouldn't know what to put down.  Perhaps someone on this board saw exams before they began law school, and was worried, but then did fine on their actual exams?

I was already anxious and nervous enough, now when I see these exams, I am really worried about how well I can or can't do this fall At Hofstra Law.

Thank you in advance.

Ryan

farnsworth

• Sr. Citizen
  • "Good news everyone!"
    • View Profile
Re: Seeking any kind of comfort!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2004, 02:05:31 PM »
eh, they're really not *too* hard, esp considering there'll be a semester of study before taking them.  Mostly just actually understanding concepts instead of memorization; not very different from similar essay exams in undergrad.  Nothing seemed really over my head at least.

flecktone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2004, 07:36:32 PM »
Ryan,

I know you posted here thinking you'd get some insight from current law students, but if you browse around, you'll notice that most of the activity here is from soon to be 1L's just like us.

Anyway, I said this before, but it bears repeating: you need to chill.  This is not good for you.

Duner

• MSN Messenger - jkorduner@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LSUConnMan
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - jkorduner
    • View Profile
    • Duner's LSU Law Blog
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2004, 08:10:38 PM »
dude, do you worry that a tornado might destroy your state??? or that a militia group is going to take over the government??? if not you'll be fine as a 1L, if so....seek counseling, and you'll still be fine. my advice is drink a beer and let the pieces fall into place.