Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: whast is outlining? Why do I care about it?  (Read 7522 times)

mikebravo

• View Profile
Re: whast is outlining? Why do I care about it?
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2004, 09:05:36 AM »
LawGirl,

Thanks for the info.  I guess I need to make a decision quick since the other school is asking for my deposit.  I made law review once, so I guess I can make it again!  :)  You've been a great help, thanks.

aryeal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2004, 04:29:08 PM »
I learn by doing, so I do my outline on the weekends.  There's no "perfect format" do whatever works for you.  I've learned other students are incredibly generous about sharing their outlines.  If I snag an outline, I use it to compare to my outline to see if I've left anything out.

I know some lawyers who swear to me they never outlined.  That may have worked for them, but if you're the type who learns by doing (like me), I'd suggest outlining at least for the first few classes to see if it's helpful.

Melatonin

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2005, 12:38:20 PM »
LawGirl,

I'm just starting to study for the LSAT (2nd Yr. UG) so I am a long way from being a 1L but upon reading your posts (as well as a few others), I feel extremely relieved.  Not to say that I feel like it's going to be easier than I thought, but I have a feeling of familiarity and preparation, that I believe is over and above what most students feel when applying and subsequently attending Law School.  I feel ahead of the game and for that I thank you.

Good luck in everything,
Joe
It's a Good Life if you Don't Weaken

lawgirl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2005, 12:59:02 PM »
LawGirl,

I'm just starting to study for the LSAT (2nd Yr. UG) so I am a long way from being a 1L but upon reading your posts (as well as a few others), I feel extremely relieved.  Not to say that I feel like it's going to be easier than I thought, but I have a feeling of familiarity and preparation, that I believe is over and above what most students feel when applying and subsequently attending Law School.  I feel ahead of the game and for that I thank you.

Good luck in everything,
Joe

Joe, you are very welcome and thanks!!!

I kind of rushed into the process and that probably increased my anxiety so if you are ahead of the game, that is terrific. Know the LSAT like the back of your hand and try to find all the help you need for the LSAT and the application process. When dealing with the application process, do everything early (including dealing with sending materials into the clearing house that keeps all of your stuff). You will definitely need to stay on top of things.

By approaching things the way you are, you will have a much better experience overall.

Good luck to you and if you have any qestions, feel free to email me.

LawGirl