Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Law Preview - Is it worth the money?  (Read 679 times)

EchPsu

Law Preview - Is it worth the money?
« on: June 09, 2004, 08:36:51 PM »
I'm starting at UMD in the Fall and I've been receiving these mailers from Princeton Review about their Law Preview Course.  Although I would trust Princeton Review with my life after they helped me improve my LSAT by 10 pts, I can't yet see the value in this program.  I'm trying to see what other people think, so please write back!!

My issue is this: I am a Pol Sci major from Penn State.  My focus was on American Politics and I've taken Con Law and American Judical Behavior from a Federal Judge.  I know how to read legalese, brief cases, and I'm capable of handling a heavy course load and lots of work.  Also, I've been reading this book, Law School Confidential by Robert Miller.  He claims this his book is the be-all and end-all for law school students and from what I've read - he may be right (I highly recommend it)!!  He explains everything from how to prepare for the stresses, where to get the commercial outlines, and the basics of all the courses that are required for 1L's. 

I'm currently working two jobs just to save enough money to pay for my incidentals before my loans disburse and I get my refund check.  These Law Preview courses are $1,000+... someone please tell me if it's worth it to bust my ass at work to pay for this class?!?!?

HELP!!

~EchPsu

Todd

Re: Law Preview - Is it worth the money?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2004, 08:47:29 PM »
I too have been getting those mailers.  Personally, I don't think I'll go.  Money however, isn't my issue it's time.  I simply have zero time this summer.  Of course I could make time if it was really all that important, but I too have been reading law school prep books and I find them very helpful.  I've briefed a few cases, taken criminal justice (basically crim pro) from a lawyer, and I've read many books on con law.  I feel by August I'll be well enough prepared not to need a law preview course.  However, if someone who has taken the course would provided input that would be very helpful.

Todd