Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Cornell vs. Santa Clara University  (Read 3012 times)

JanusDream

• View Profile
Cornell vs. Santa Clara University
« on: June 08, 2004, 06:43:33 PM »
Hi everyone,

I was already admitted to SCU and just got the answer from Cornell Law School that I was admitted to their LLM as well...

I really don't know which one to choose, as one is supposedly in the top ten for High-Tech Law (which is my main field) and the other is in the top ten full stop...

I'm urgently seeking any advice, since the SCU LL.M. for Foreign Lawyers starts on June 28...

Thanks !
~Claude

eyarsee

• View Profile
Re: Cornell vs. Santa Clara University
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2004, 10:52:07 PM »
cornell hands down. in a heartbeat.
scu is great around cali because of the high tech programs but cornell has more clout (even in california!). it's one of the top national universities. ivy too....

CourtJesterInDrag

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2004, 02:02:37 AM »
Go to Cornell definitely. Alumni get-togethers are in a different class at a place like Cornell. Networking opportunities are at the highest level. There are a lot of incredibly successful Cornell grads in the world.

Being an Ivy League grad is something special - don't miss out on that opportunity. Your resume becomes completely different once you are associated with a nationally recognized school like Cornell.

Cornell is located in a small town (Ithaca) in upstate New York - very safe place; great place to study since Cornell _is_ Ithaca so there are few distractions - perfrect for an LLM student - a bit of a boiler for undergraduates though. Winters are very white - be prepared for lots of snow.

Cornell will always be a great school. SCU's quality and ranking may drastically change with a few top professors moving...this happens a lot...the name-recognized schools buy up quality professors from lower ranked schools.

Consider yourself fortunate to have the opportunity to go to the Ivy League; and definitely take advantage of the opportunity.

GG

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2004, 12:24:48 PM »
Go to cornell of course.
As far as I know, santa clara U does not accept foreign lawyers for their LP LL.M. program. Foreign lawyers are accepted as LL.M. in U.S. law and comparative law instead. So, SCU's rank in high-tech law will not give you much advantage. Good luck.

GG

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2004, 12:27:03 PM »
Sorry, I left a typo mistake there. It should be IP LL.M.

Jina

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2004, 11:25:25 PM »
Hi, I am currently applying for LLM programs in the US, Cornell being one of them.  Congratulations on being accepted.  Any advice you could give me for the Personal Statement. Any think specific about Cornell as a unique university that I should communicate??

Cheers,

Jina

aponus

• AOL Instant Messenger - katakolon7
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2004, 12:19:08 PM »
quote ::)
aponus

kuman99

• View Profile