Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Thinking ahead  (Read 978 times)

RachelB1

Thinking ahead
« on: June 04, 2004, 02:46:24 AM »
 ???
   I'm thinking WAY ahead, like 4 years ahead.  I was looking over the requirement for admission to the NY State Bar and the application said to list EVERY job one held since the age of 21.  Being almost 50 years old, that's a lot to remember.  I don't remember all the jobs I had since then and many of my personal records were lost years ago when making a residential move.

There was no information anywhere on the website dealing with this dilemma.  Does anyone have any experience with not being able to provide asked-for information?

Thanks

RachelB1

BigDaddy

• 3.2 160 McGeorge School of Law, 2007
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Thinking ahead
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2004, 09:45:42 AM »
You need to give a call to the NYBar professional review board. This should not be a problem, as long as there are no other "checks" in your past.

flecktone

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2004, 01:56:04 PM »
???
   I'm thinking WAY ahead, like 4 years ahead.  I was looking over the requirement for admission to the NY State Bar and the application said to list EVERY job one held since the age of 21.  Being almost 50 years old, that's a lot to remember.  I don't remember all the jobs I had since then and many of my personal records were lost years ago when making a residential move.

There was no information anywhere on the website dealing with this dilemma.  Does anyone have any experience with not being able to provide asked-for information?

Thanks

RachelB1

Rachel,
Can you tell me where to go to find out the requirements for NY bar?  I am also an older student and have the same concerns about listing all my past employers - there's a lot!
Thanks

Todd

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2004, 05:13:15 PM »
You may be able to have the IRS (the equivalent state agencies) send you your tax records which may give you some idea of where you worked in the past.

helpful advice

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2004, 05:51:46 PM »
I'd skip the IRS, and focus on SSA.  Every 1-2 years you will receive a statement from SSA indicating where you have worked and how many credits for each place you have acquired that apply to SSA benefits.  I would search for this document, or wait until you receive another one in the next 4 years, or contact your local SSA office and request this statement.  This should solve your prob...