Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: On-campus Housing  (Read 5116 times)

Suzanne

On-campus Housing
« on: June 03, 2004, 10:18:25 PM »
Does anyone know which of the three choices for on-campus housing are considered the best.  I think it's Alameda South, Villa Apts and University Square Apts?  I haven't ever been to the campus so I have no idea which ones are better.  Villa are the townhouses that are shared by two people and cost 811, the others are a little cheaper but don't seem as nice.  Anyone??  Also we should all really start posting here or somewhere!

Geoff

Re: On-campus Housing
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2004, 11:50:40 AM »
I'm going to be starting at SCU in August and I've seen the on campus housing.  My opinion is that the Villa Apartments are the best, followed by Alameda South, and far far behind is University Square. 

SirenSCF

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2004, 10:30:38 AM »
Hi Geoff,
Thanks for the reply.  I wish all the SCU people would start posting here!  Anyway, I was leaning towards Univ Square because it seems to be the closest to campus so that i could easily walk and not have to take my car.  The Villa Apts look like they would be a little bit of a hike (but do sound the nicest).  I also noticed that Alameda was all grad students and not just law which I like the idea of (new faces).  Anyway why is University Square so bad?  Thank you so much for your reply!

Geoff

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2004, 01:49:58 AM »
Hey Suzanne,
Yeah, too bad no one else is really posting here.  The University Square apartment building is not very appealing.  It's basically a converted motel with the door facing the parking lot, and the rear window inches away from a concrete wall  I felt it was kind of isolated too.  There didn't seem to be anything around except for houses. 
The Villa Apts on the other hand are actually not very far at all from the law school.  I timed the walk to campus and it's only about 8 minutes away.  Alameda South and the Villa Apts are also convenient because there are more stores nearby and a Safeway.  Trust me, having a supermarket close at hand is def. a plus. when you can just stop by on your walk home from school and pick up something.
I didn't have a chance to go inside Alameda South, but it looked to be the most modern of the 3 SCU residences available to law students. 

Feel free to message me on AIM - GLing98

SirenSCF

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2004, 09:44:31 PM »
Thank you so much for the advice! I was about to apply for Univ Square, for some reason on paper that seemed the best.

jim

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2004, 04:25:25 PM »
has anybody that has applied for on-campus housing received notification from the university whether they received a spot?

Geoff

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2004, 01:04:13 AM »
I got a postcard in the mail today notifying me that I have a place in the Villa Apartments !!!