Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: advice, pleaz  (Read 2538 times)

angelinaenar

• View Profile
advice, pleaz
« on: June 03, 2004, 03:55:07 AM »

Hi, I am from Romania and I was accepted by  Seattle University(LLM American Legal Studies) and Lewis&Clark(Environmental Law).Based on academic quality which one do you think is better?

CourtJesterInDrag

Re: advice, pleaz
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2004, 10:51:39 PM »
I only know about Seattle University (SU). It is a respected school and has a very active alumni network in Seattle. You can't go wrong studying at Seattle University. A relative of mine is an alumni of the school and was happy with his education.

If you don't know, SU is located on top of a hill in the city so it is not a secluded campus but more of an urban campus.

Personally, I think both schools are probably on par with each other and your choice is really which city do you prefer and/or which subject do you prefer.

CourtJesterInDrag

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2004, 10:52:03 PM »
I only know about Seattle University (SU). It is a respected school and has a very active alumni network in Seattle. You can't go wrong studying at Seattle University. A relative of mine is an alumni of the school and was happy with his education.

If you don't know, SU is located on top of a hill in the city so it is not a secluded campus but more of an urban campus.

Personally, I think both schools are probably on par with each other and your choice is really which city do you prefer and/or which subject do you prefer.

CourtJesterInDrag

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2004, 10:52:11 PM »

CourtJesterInDrag

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2004, 10:53:07 PM »

Personally, I think both schools are probably on par with each other and your choice is really which city do you prefer and/or which subject do you prefer. I think SU is larger so you may have more networking opportunities there and also the University of Washington (the #1 Northwest school) is not far away.

CourtJesterInDrag

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2004, 01:48:41 AM »
Well, that's rather embarassing!!! I reposted since the system kept telling me that I "timed out" and needed to re-post...well, the system got what it wanted.

CourtJesterInDrag

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2004, 07:22:50 PM »
For Human Rights, Seattle University is a good choice - the faculty are really passionate about that. Seattle is a nice place to be a student too since it has low crime and most people are easy going.

You'll obviously be pretty busy at Seattle U. but don't forget to check out the events at University of Washington and the World Affairs Council (http://www.world-affairs.org) since they often have human rights related seminars and lectures.

If you have any Seattle-specific questions, just ask.