Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: thomas jefferson  (Read 940 times)

Ivan

• View Profile
thomas jefferson
« on: June 02, 2004, 11:15:51 PM »
 i am taking the lsat in less than two weeks and then i will apply at thomas jefferson in san diego. it seems that this is not the most difficult school to get into.  can anybody give me some feed back on this. thanks

BigDaddy

• 3.2 160 McGeorge School of Law, 2007
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: thomas jefferson
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2004, 10:51:59 AM »
i am taking the lsat in less than two weeks and then i will apply at thomas jefferson in san diego. it seems that this is not the most difficult school to get into.  can anybody give me some feed back on this. thanks

You seem to be a newbie, so here is a heads up...ALL law school can be difficult to get into, it really depends on you personally...more info would be needed to gauge your chances...
avg. LSAT
GPA
Crim history
EC's
minority?

Mulder

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2004, 04:15:45 PM »
They recruited me pretty hard and I had a 3.53 and a 157. Offered me at least 50% tuition scholarship. Tempting I just don't want to leave Texas.

CourtJesterInDrag

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2004, 05:38:47 AM »
Are you applying for Fall 2004 entry? It might be of some use to people to get your acceptance/rejection result to see if such a late application works (in your case at least).

I know a few people at TJSL and, yes, it is not difficult to get into when compared to some other schools but I get the feeling that the school wants to improve. My guess, for example, is that they are more interested in raising their standing than are California Western and Florida Coastal.

This year was a year in which there were LOTS of applications so late applications may have a tougher time.

One thing about a place like TJSL is that there will be a bunch of nutty students and you want to avoid them and develop the ability to strongly focus on the coursework. Bad students tend to want to bring others into their sphere - so do your best to be a hardworking student and mix with the better crowd.

If you weren't applying for the Fall but for the Spring, do note that there are other schools that have Spring entry too so look at all your options. Applying to just one law school is unusual.

Good luck!