Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What should I DO??  (Read 2833 times)

davial0

• View Profile
Re: What should I DO??
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2004, 12:17:27 AM »
If you are set in going to the South ( atlanta, jacksonville) I would go to Wake b/c they have a solid rep in the south

ccptexas

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2004, 01:26:59 PM »
lifeofanarchy--

you and i actually have very similar situations.  i am waitlisted at almost all of those schools as well and also got into the university of minnesota.  i went to minnesota's accepted students weekend and was impressed;  however, in the end, i just couldn't move from dc to minneapolis.  i am from houston originally and can't do the midwest winters.  also, my friends are in dc.  were those good enough reasons to turn down a top twenty school?  i don't know.  time will tell, i guess.  i know, though, that i will be much happier at the school i chose--american.  rankings are imporant, but they are not everything.  those are all good schools, and, if you do well, you shoudln't have a problem finding a decent job when you get out.  go where you will be happiest and/or where you want to practice law when you finish. 

good luck!

caroline

lifeofanarchy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2004, 09:38:26 AM »
Thanks Caroline! Its nice to hear from someone who is in the same situation. I think I ruled out Minnesota also. (No 20 below zero winters for me).  ;)

Shcwing as for your question, I am 22 LSAT 162, GPA 3.67 from Franklin & marshall. I was told that my GPA held more weight at some of the schools that knew about the rigorous standards of F&M.   

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2004, 11:46:29 AM »
Hands down, Minnesota.