Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LEEWS???  (Read 7390 times)

Brent

Re: LEEWS???
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2004, 06:43:17 PM »
I just finished my first year of law school.  Bought Leews on tape.  It honestly worked well for me.  Didn't take all their advise, but much of it.  Received almost all A's.  It is not "get rich quick" type of scheme.  You have to still put it as much or more work then everyone else.  The difference is that you use your time wisely, and you "get" how the game is played.  I know others who just didn't get it, and spent a lot of time working on the wrong things.  I also know very smart people who dropped out after the first semester, because they couldn't figure out the law school game.  I bought the program after a friend recommended it to me, he was in the top 5% of his class.  I probably will be too, but won't find out for a few more weeks.  You could defiantly get a lot out of listening to them in your car, but would get more if you could write things down, because there is a lot of interaction.

PS, I am a selling my old copy on eBay right now.  But if you don't buy it from me, I don't care, I truly would recommend it to anyone.  Split the cost with others if you have to.

Nimbu

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2004, 10:23:01 AM »
Brent - which edition are u selling on e bay. I just want to make sure before I seriously start to bid as well :)

nelziq

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2004, 04:16:38 PM »
I went and paid for them and so far i think it has been worth every penny. Definately helps me appoach the whole law school experience from a results oriented approach (i.e. get good grades which means do well on the exams). The kind of insight you get from the course ( i did the tapes) is way beyond any advice youll get anywhere else. I read getting to maaybe and this course makes that book seem mickey mouse, not in the depth of the content but on the practical steps of how to analyse a hypothetical and construct an answer. Once you have finished this course there should be no doubt in your mind what exactly you have to do to perform well on exams. Also I would recommend the tapes over the seminar. The tapes are very good. I usually dont like learning by listening; i much prefer to read materiel. However, I found the tapes very instructive. Definately listen to the tapes at home preferably near a desk because its pretty interactive. He constantly refers the slides, and the book as he goes. The $135 for the audio cassete program was at least as good a bang for the buck as the $20 i spent on Law School Confidential. Definatly worth the money.

Coregram

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2004, 09:34:56 PM »
Did you get anything more from LEEWS than you get from reading Getting to Maybe and/or the Delaney book on exam taking?