Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LEEWS???  (Read 7303 times)

brlandry

• View Profile
LEEWS???
« on: May 27, 2004, 10:08:21 AM »
Does anyone know any thing about LEEWS?  I'll be starting at Suffolk Law in the fall and a friend has recommended ordering the audio tapes and starting them over the summer.  Does this actually work?  The website seemed kind of cultish to me.

Brian ???

rainmkr07

• Sr. Citizen
  • Heading to Hofstra Law!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Rainmkr07
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Rainmkr07
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: LEEWS???
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2004, 09:24:43 AM »
I would like to know more about this too please.

flecktone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2004, 03:06:53 PM »
I've heard that it is a useful program from several people.  I have a BIG problem with the audio version only being available on cassette tape.  Seems kind of backwards to me.  I don't have anything to play a casette tape, including my car, because that format is about 20 years outdated. 

Helpful Harry

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2004, 07:24:25 PM »
LEEWS is definitely a cult, but it is one worth joining.  LEEWS gives you the inside scoop on what law school exams are all about, and that's ALL THAT MATTERS to do well in law school.  Get the tapes before school starts and listen to them at intervals throughout the semester (buy a $10 cassette player, if you have to).  By the time your first exams roll around, you will already be a law exam expert!  Avoid the actual seminars; get the tapes instead.  I know listening to the tapes may seem boring, but you can go at your own pace and can repeat the program multiple times, so I saw no real reason to do the live seminar. 

LEEWS does seem a bit dodgy, but don't let that concern you.  When I called to order the tapes 2 years ago, I actually spoke with Wentworth Miller, who was taking down order information on the 800 number. It's still enormously helpful stuff.

eee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2004, 06:31:37 PM »
Helpful Harry,

in looking at the website, this whole thing just sounds like one of those get-rich-quick scams: "EARN As IN LAW SCHOOL WITHOUT TRYING... etc..." basically, just too good to be true... like taking the easy way out. it also seems to be contrary to all the other books/advice ive gotten about studying in law school.

am i just missing the point, here? how come i havent heard more about this program? (this post was the first time ive heard the name)

do you mind answering where you went/go to school and how you are ranked?

michelle

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2004, 11:42:10 PM »
hey eee,
I can't vouch for LEEWS quite yet, but I have def. heard a lot about it from various places (including planet law school II and one 2L).  I just successfully bid for it on ebay (I bought it for $80, its originally 135, i think), and from what I hear, its worth every cent.  I planning to go through the tapes later this summer, so I'll re-post and let ya know what I think.. Although the website might make it seem like its way better than it is, I wouldn't dismiss it quite yet... But, it could have been a waste of $80 too... see if you can buy it used (I know there was another one on ebay also)... if you buy it used, you can always resell it and perhaps even make a profit?

grahamers

• Sr. Citizen
  • Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2004, 09:50:35 AM »
I ordred it (and split the cost with 2 others) based on many positive reviews from posters on the net as well as PLSII's endoresement.  (PLSII is a bit too rambling, but his arguments make sense.)  I plan on getting into LEEWS soon and will let you know.
34 years old    170 LSAT 2.33 UGPA
Accepted: Wake, Mason, Catholic, Maryland, Baltimore, WVU, Widener
Waitlisted: American
Dinged: GW, Georgetown
Still haven't heard from: Villanova
Attending Mryland

jeffjoe

• Sr. Citizen
  • ABA? We don't need no stinking ABA.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2004, 06:41:23 PM »
I'm suspicious of anything PLS II recommends.  Just my opinion, but the author seems to have nothing but axes to grind.
Praying for peace in Iraq  +
Praying for the tsunami victims   +

michelle

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2004, 09:20:46 PM »
Your skeptisism is def. warranted.  Saying that PSII was overly critical is a HUGE understatement.  The guy def seems to have axes to grind...... that being said, I think that a lot of the study aids he listed are worthwhile.

flecktone

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2004, 05:05:16 PM »
LEEWS is definitely a cult, but it is one worth joining.  LEEWS gives you the inside scoop on what law school exams are all about, and that's ALL THAT MATTERS to do well in law school.  Get the tapes before school starts and listen to them at intervals throughout the semester (buy a $10 cassette player, if you have to).  By the time your first exams roll around, you will already be a law exam expert!  Avoid the actual seminars; get the tapes instead.  I know listening to the tapes may seem boring, but you can go at your own pace and can repeat the program multiple times, so I saw no real reason to do the live seminar. 

LEEWS does seem a bit dodgy, but don't let that concern you.  When I called to order the tapes 2 years ago, I actually spoke with Wentworth Miller, who was taking down order information on the 800 number. It's still enormously helpful stuff.

OK, Helpful Harry, I got past the cassette player problem.  My next questions is: do you think it makes sense to listen to these tapes while driving a car? or do you have to be sitting with pen hand during the audiotapes?  I'm thinking since I spend so much time driving, it would be a good use of time to listen in the car (I bought some kind of adapter you can hook up an old cassette walkman and play it through your car audio system.)