I am not a law student but I have been using Word for note taking in my classes. I dearly want a program - be it OneNote or something else - that has the following:
1. a user database of abbreviations
2. I love Word's autocomplete but it is incorrect sometimes, and so this program should have the highest degree of user customization of its own "autocomplete" features.
3. anything that reduces my number of keystrokes - I find I spend as much time typing words from my instructors' lectures as other students do writing them by hand. This is where abbreviations become convenient.
4. I find that dates and numbers are the most difficult to quickly record in my notes (such as "India's government 1000-1500 AD").
5. the ability to take notes in a hierarchial format
The highest-possible speed of data entry is most important; other features come second.
ANY HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED!