Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSU 1L  (Read 5723 times)

k24

LSU 1L
« on: May 12, 2004, 12:27:16 PM »
Can someone please give some advice for a first-year student?

Duner

• MSN Messenger - jkorduner@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LSUConnMan
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - jkorduner
    • View Profile
    • Duner's LSU Law Blog
    • Email
Re: LSU 1L
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2004, 05:14:07 PM »
can't give you any advice...as i'm starting this fall also. when are you moving to baton rouge? I look forward to meeting my new classmates and having a few brews before classes start.

k24

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2004, 11:21:25 PM »
I just moved to Baton Rouge.  What about you?

Duner

• View Profile
    • Duner's LSU Law Blog
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2004, 10:16:45 AM »
yeah, i moved here last week. i have a house right off river road. but i'm currently living in an apartment in laville hall. where are you living?

kza

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2004, 12:49:27 AM »
Hi, I'm also attending LSU.  I moved to B.R. about two weeks ago. 

Duner

• View Profile
    • Duner's LSU Law Blog
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2004, 10:55:11 AM »
that's cool. where are you living? where are you coming from? i'm going to be out of the area until aug 1st, but we should arrange a lsu 1L happy hour. have you found any good bars around campus yet? it seems like there's a couple of places down by chimes. cheers.

TXaggie02

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2004, 08:22:00 PM »
Hey everyone, I too will be a 1L at LSU. I've only been to Baton Rouge twice and I secured an apartment sight-unseen at Fairway View, so I am keeping my fingers crossed. I'm moving Aug 6th and look forward to meeting my new classmates. BTW, anyone else from TX on this board?

kza

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2004, 11:15:07 PM »
i'm from MS and right now I am living in the Siegen area. i think there are quite a few bars down highland road from the campus. i have noticed them while driving, yet i can't recall the names.  anyone finish those assignments for orientation yet?   

Duner

• View Profile
    • Duner's LSU Law Blog
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2004, 12:10:55 PM »
no i don't have the heart to look at them....that means hell hath begun!!! i'm going to enjoy my last couple of days trying to get my life in order and hopefully do a little relaxing. i'll probably do them next week.

pistonsfan2005

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2005, 02:44:41 PM »
Dear future LSU law students, I need your advice with my dilemna, here's the deal:

I've been admitted into the Michigan State University College of Law conditionally based on my completion of a special summer program for borderline applicants. After I complete this summer program, then I'll have the chance to take the same classes with the rest of my class...However, here is my dilemna:

I've also just been admitted into LSU Law, and I was offered a full ride scholarship into LSU, although Michigan State offered nothing. LSU ranks slightly higher in the rankings than does MSU Law, however, I went to MSU as an undergrad, plus my family still lives in Michigan. To add more complexity to the whole story, I was also offered a full-tuition scholarship to MSU's MBA program(I want to pursue a JD-MBA). Based on all this, what would you do if you were in my shoes? Please help as I have just 48 hours before the seat deposit deadline to decide!!!

Thanks.