Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: goin to Depaul  (Read 39044 times)

Todd

Re: goin to Depaul
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2004, 01:09:09 PM »
Man newbie that's great, but I have to agree with Kali, I rarely have time to spare.  However, I plan on cutting back my work hours and spending more time preping mid-june.  I figure I'll apply for some more scholarships and start reading the primers, I have started Gilbert's secured transactions summary and his sales transactions of goods for contracts.  However, I don't enjoy them at all.  I enjoy reading Emmanul's constitutional law, but we don't have con law first sem.  I will have to look at the stuff you mentioned.  Perhaps a study group?

Todd

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2004, 03:14:59 AM »
Sorry for calling you newbie rr5481, got in a hurry there.

Btw, any other DePaul 1L's out there?

Todd

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2004, 12:02:51 AM »
Well I'll go fishing again; anyone else going to DePaul?

BTW, I stopped reading the outlines - waste of time; although I might read the con law one just because it's interesting.  Instead I am practicing briefing, outlining, and exam taking all at a leisurely pace.  Reading the book "How to Ace Your First Year of Law School" explained that the most important part of getting good grades in Law School is simply thinking actively all the time.  Now I don't know about you, but for me concentrating for an extended period wears me out, I intend to take it easy and simply practice active thinking for short spurts to kind off exercise my brain without burnout.

jdg37130

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2004, 12:06:07 PM »
I'm goin to Depaul! (part time)Are any of you from the Chicago area? I've been looking online for apartments, and have found a few that seem really nice. Any suggestions on where to live?

jdg37130

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2004, 12:06:13 PM »
I'm goin to Depaul! (part time)Are any of you from the Chicago area? I've been looking online for apartments, and have found a few that seem really nice. Any suggestions on where to live?

Todd

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2004, 02:18:50 PM »
Choose something close.  The housing in the new building is nice, but expensive and last I heard only 4 bdr apts were left.  I am trying to buy something rather than pay rent for 3yrs.  The packet we received has several apt. finding agencies in it.  Just give them a call they get a fee from the landlord for finding tenants so they would love to help you.  But be careful, they will only show you apts. where they have contracts with the landlords.

Todd

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2004, 05:26:19 PM »
Hey, I am looking for a roomate this fall at DePaul.  My parents are purchasing a 2 room condo in Chicago, but I can't afford the payments alone, anyone interested in a room with a quiet, neat law student?

exCYter

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2004, 06:51:59 PM »
Where is the condo located?

Todd

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2004, 03:04:58 PM »
It will be around 20mins from DePaul.  We have yet to purchase it.  We're looking in Logan square, Oak Park, Bucktown, maybe lakeview.
Are you a student at DePaul?

exCYter

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2004, 03:14:49 PM »
No actually I'm currently a student at John Marshall.  I live in Lincoln Park right now but I was hoping I could find something less expensive than the $900/month I pay right now.