Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: goin to Depaul  (Read 39139 times)

Eric

goin to Depaul
« on: May 11, 2004, 08:17:05 PM »
Anyone else?

kaligrrl79

• AOL Instant Messenger - kaligrrl79
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: goin to Depaul
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2004, 03:44:18 PM »
I am on the waitlist at DePaul. But it's where I want to go. What were your stats?

panahi

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - brianpanahiid
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2004, 11:28:03 PM »
I was accepted to DePaul. I like the Intellectual Property push by the school, but for now I am going to Ave Maria. I think DePaul sounds like a good school. I would consider going there much more if I had received a full Scholarship.
Anonymous Class of 2007
Anonymous Scholar

Alexis Bettis

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2004, 12:12:59 PM »
I'm going to DePaul but I'm doing part-time.

Todd

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2004, 11:57:12 PM »
I am going to depaul and would love to get in touch with 1L's who plan to get a study group together.  However, we don't know what sections we'll be in yet which is frustrating to say the least.

rr5481

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2004, 06:50:47 PM »
I'll be at Depaul too as a FT 1L. I called the admissions office and they said we'll find out which section we are in during orientation. Where you guys are from? What UG? Direct from UG or worked for a few years? I graduated from the University of Florida this past winter. 

Todd

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2004, 01:39:58 PM »
I worked and traveled for a while then finished my degree this May.

Although we don't know the sections we'll be in, we'll all be taking the same classes, perhaps different teachers, but the same classes.  So we could start some studying.  We don't know the specific cases, or even books, but some cases are almost mandatory.

They recommend reading all these law school prep books, but I did that before I decided to go back to school.  I want to get a head start now when there is not the intense pressure of law school.

Anyway, I am open to ideas.

(Full time 1L)

Todd

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2004, 01:17:53 AM »
Ok, I am trying to keep this board active so I am putting something up.

Eric, rr5481 and kaligirrl79 (if you get in and to answer your question 3.26, 160) what plans do you have for the summer? 

rr5481

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2004, 10:11:08 AM »
I am working through Delaney's Learning Legal Reasoning and  will begin working through his book on Exam writing. I am also looking through some primers on our first year courses.  These topics simplify the material and will be great supplements once we start in August. The Property primer has been a headache so far. Anyways, this is the planet law school approach.  I'm also read Posner's book on Law and Economics. Most first years I've talked told me to understand him because a lot of what we learn in contract, Property and torts will come from Posner opinions. I only do all this in my spare time maybe a couple of hours a day. To me what's important is getting through the Delaney books.

kaligrrl79

• AOL Instant Messenger - kaligrrl79
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2004, 07:37:02 PM »
rr5481...you have a couple hours of spare time everyday? What I wouldn't give for that luxury. I have yet to review any books for law school. I figure that I see enough pleadings and do enough research at work as it is. Considering I will not go to law school unless I get into DePaul or Miami, which has yet to happen, I'm not starting any intesive work yet. But if and when that day comes I will definitely take a look at those books. Meanwhile, it's just the daily routine of litigation and family law paperwork at the law firm.