Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Fall of '04?  (Read 4485 times)

rigs32

Fall of '04?
« on: May 10, 2004, 06:29:02 PM »
Anyone else starting at Buffalo in August? 

Iscariot6

• View Profile
Re: Fall of '04?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2004, 11:26:12 PM »
Hey- I'm brand new to the discussion board.

Yep, UB in August. It was between UB and temple, but I couldnt afford to turn down a full tuition ride. I hear Buffalo is a fun town tho. I am surprised at how few mentions UB gets on this forum- it doesnt seem like many people are headed there. It's a reasonably good school (tier II), after all.

Word.

jdn2262

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2004, 06:26:06 PM »
Just got accepted there yesterday. Although I dont know if I am going, does anyone know anything about their reputation in the rest of New York area?

jdn2262

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2004, 05:11:45 PM »
Those of you who were offered scholarships at Buffalo, when were you notified? Was it already in the letter? Because yesterday someone from the Adcom called me and said that the dean has nominated me for some kind of scholarship? Is this how they normally award? Does anyone know?  ???

TiTi

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2004, 07:45:55 PM »
Is anyone else going? ???

futurelawyer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2004, 06:35:41 PM »
Hi, I'm going to UB this fall also.  Is anyone on here in section U2, that's which one I'm in so it would be nice to "know" someone before starting at orientation.  Email me at yankeegal_2@hotmail.com if you guys want to chat about UB!

delton

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2005, 11:52:53 AM »
Buffalo is a solid school.  It is not Cornell or Stanford, but if you do well there, you can have a pretty good career in almost any field.  If you find a UB alum at a firm in which you're interested, send them an e-mail and start a relationship.  They'll have invaluable advice and will be a great contact later when you are looking for work.  Most alumni will bend over backward to help you.