Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSAT prep in San Diego  (Read 1506 times)

Engineer01

LSAT prep in San Diego
« on: May 09, 2004, 03:23:36 AM »
Hi all,
I am planning to take LSAT this Oct. and just started preparation. I work full time and I wont be able to give more than 20hrs a week to it. Is that enough?

Does anyone have good or bad experiece with testmasters or powerscore in the San Diego Area ? Is there any other prep course in San Diego that anyone recommends?

I will appreciate other advices/ suggestions regarding LSAT prep.

Also, anyone from San Diego preparing for LSAT and is interested in group study please reply to this post. Thanks!

Aonghus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: LSAT prep in San Diego
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2004, 05:00:32 AM »
I sat for the LSAT prep class offered by USD taught by Eric Volkert.  He opened the class by explaining that we all needed at least 2 months bare minimum of 20-30 hours a week of practice time outside the classroom to improve our scores significantly.  They generally see increases from the beginning of 3-12 points in those who actually follow the instructions to the letter.  I didnt believe him, and I didnt have the time to practice.  I went to the class and spent maybe 3 hours a week total outside of class doing the exercises.

Big mistake.

My timed practice tests were 163-173... Test day was 162.

I should have practiced.

Considering you have 4.5 months to get ready, Id say 20 hours a week should do it, but you need to be religious about it if you expect to see an increase.

Even though I didn't get much out of the USD class, I can see how it is my fault, and I would recommend it with the caveat 'dont waste your money if you dont plan on doing EXACTLY what they recommend'

Hi all,
I am planning to take LSAT this Oct. and just started preparation. I work full time and I wont be able to give more than 20hrs a week to it. Is that enough?

Does anyone have good or bad experiece with testmasters or powerscore in the San Diego Area ? Is there any other prep course in San Diego that anyone recommends?

I will appreciate other advices/ suggestions regarding LSAT prep.

Also, anyone from San Diego preparing for LSAT and is interested in group study please reply to this post. Thanks!

kvisceral

Re: LSAT prep in San Diego
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2004, 01:33:26 PM »
Can anyone recommend a good LSAT Prep Course in the San Diego area? Also, I would be interested in a study group. I am planning to take the LSAT in December.